1. Expert Q&A: Living well as a carer - Thurs 29 August, 3-4pm

As a carer for a person living with dementia, the needs of the person you care for will often come before your own. You may experience a range of difficult emotions and you may not have the time to do all the things you need to do. Caring can have a big impact on both your mental and physical health, as well as your overall wellbeing.

Angelo, our Knowledge Officer (Wellbeing) is our expert on this topic. He will be here to answer your questions on Thursday 29 August between 3-4pm.

You can either post questions >here< or email them to us at talkingpoint@alzheimers.org.uk and we'll answer as many as we can on the day.

1. vickyM2019

vickyM2019 New member

Jun 18, 2019
    Good evening,

I'm looking for advice for a type of GPS tracker that I can give to my dad who has Alzhimers. He's 83 years old and has a tendancy to wander off, we have door sensors at the house but once he leaves we have no idea where he may go and he won't stay in, I've been looking for a gps tracker I can attach to his keys etc but I don't have a clue which one works. Has anyone got any reccomendations.

thank you in advance for your help.

2. Kevinl

Kevinl Registered User

Aug 24, 2013
    Salford
  3. Shedrech

Shedrech Volunteer Moderator

Dec 15, 2012
    Yorkshire
    hello @vickyM2019
    a warm welcome to DTP
    yours is a question that comes up here, as Kevinl says ... if nothing on that thread helps, here are the results of a general search on the homepage, hopefully something will be useful
    https://forum.alzheimers.org.uk/search/29577418/?q=tracker&o=date

these pages on the main AS sote may be of interest
    https://www.alzheimers.org.uk/search?keywords=wandering&Search=🔍

it may be wise to make sure your dad has ID on him, and maybe let the police know of his tendency to walk about

sad to say, walking about is often the symptom that leads a family to consider residential care

4. CMS91

CMS91 New member

Jul 22, 2019
    I really struggled with this and my friend recommended one from Vodafone called the multi tracker. Its about £45 and £2 monthly. I recently got one for my nan and it is fab! You can track their location at all times and they can either wear it round their neck, clipped onto trousers and or just in a handbag etc.