GP when in Care Home

Tilly13

Jul 27, 2020
Hello
I wonder if you could please tell me if when your PWD went into a Care Home they were registered at the local GP Surgery as a Temporary patient ?
If so did that stay the case throughout their time there?
Only Care Home have registered PWD at GP Surgery and when I phoned Surgery to add my details as POA etc I was told they are Temporary patients.
Obviously I can ask the Care Home Manager but just wondered if to stay as Temporary patients is normal .
Thanks

canary

Feb 25, 2014
South coast
Is this for respite, or for a fixed period after a hospital stay?
When OH went into respite he was added to the local GP as a temporary resident, but when mum moved into her care home permanently there was a local GP who covered the care home and she was moved onto his list permanently.

northumbrian_k

Volunteer Host
Mar 2, 2017
Newcastle
When my wife moved into permanent care it was 5 miles from her GP and hence necessary to register her with a practice near to the home. I was advised which of the 2 nearby GPs covered the home and registered her there myself. There was no suggestion that this was temporary.

Jale

Jul 9, 2018
When mum went into care - nursing home - she was registered with the surgery that covered the home. They did say she could stay with her own GP if that was what we wanted, we did check and her surgery wouldn't keep her on their books as she was outside their catchment area.

Tilly13

Jul 27, 2020
Thank you.
Parents are permanent Care Home residents - I will phone the GP Surgery today and see about becoming permanent
patients.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jon56