GP appointments

Ganti

Oct 18, 2017
Does anyone know whether
a) people living with dementia are entitled to longer medical appointments
b) if so, whether this is recorded on Rio system so that longer time is automatically allocated

Shedrech

Dec 15, 2012
UK
hello Ganti
welcome to TP
can only speak for the surgeries I've come across - and there, no, longer appointments had to be requested - ask at the one you are considering, they may understand and make a note
best wishes

marionq

Apr 24, 2013
Scotland
hello Ganti
welcome to TP
can only speak for the surgeries I've come across - and there, no, longer appointments had to be requested - ask at the one you are considering, they may understand and make a note
best wishes
I was specifically told at our surgery to make a double appointment for my
Husband so he would not need to be hurried. I have to say our group practice and their receptionists are very dementia aware.

Tin

May 18, 2014
UK
At our surgery the normal appointment time is 10 minutes and because of mum's dementia I always ask for a double appointment. We have to wait a few weeks for this, especially if we want to see a specific gp, but if not urgent then that's ok. I have discovered that sometimes there is a Saturday morning clinic for the gp's to catch up, we have an appointment for this coming Saturday, this was made 3 weeks ago and we only have a 10 minute slot!

Beate

May 21, 2014
London
Our surgery told me that people with dementia are automatically entitled to double appointments and that this would be recorded on the system but I still had to ask every time. But once you ask they have to provide it.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynt68