• All threads and posts regarding Coronavirus COVID-19 can now be found in our new area specifically for Coronavirus COVID-19 discussion.

You can directly access this area >here<.

Government restrictions

Samlivingston

Mar 28, 2020
Good afternoon.
I'm new here so I'll apologise in advance if this has been asked before.
My mother who is 90 has Dementia. She lives alone and my sister and I provide all the care she needs from sun up to sun down.
With the recent restrictions being introduced, my mother is struggling to stay in her home.
She just can't retain any information, we've put large notes on her doors not to go out.
This is causing her anxiety to escalate to the point where she is becoming physical.
She upsets the neighbours and phones my brother who lives 400 miles away to tell him she's been kidnapped.
She hasn't slept in over a week. We,re taking it in turns to stay with her but she's up and down the whole night, so we don't sleep.
I've contacted the GP, her community nurse, her social worker I've even taken her to A/E. They all nod and give us a sympathetic look but nothing more.
Am I missing something?

karaokePete

Jul 23, 2017
N Ireland
Hello and welcome.

This is now a major issue and many threads about the crisis are open in a special sub forum.

Click the following link to take you to the sub-forum. I hope you find something of use by way of advice there

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Angela Patton