got to laugh

alfjess

Jul 10, 2006
south lanarkshire
Hi
Mum and Dad came back from Day Care and I asked them if they had enjoyed themselves. Mum gave me a horrified look and said "not at a thing like that. When I asked, a thing like what? She said "my aunties dead which made wonder if she thought she had been at a funeral.
Next breath, she said they had been drinking and dancing on the tables -- some funeral, maybe New Orleans Jazz Funeral??
Made me think I should have been at Day Care instead of them, sounds good fun!
Alfjess

Áine

Feb 22, 2006
sort of north east ish
alfjess said:
Next breath, she said they had been drinking and dancing on the tables

yeah, that's right ........ it's standard technique for assessing someone's mental and physical agility. there's a scientific scale that i forget the name of just now .... but it grades you according to how many minutes you can sustain the dance before falling off.

Lila13

Feb 24, 2006
What a pity my mother refused to go to day centres. She enjoyed dancing with one of the male nurses in hospital in November. (And they all said "isn't she sweet? isn't she cute?")

BeckyJan

Nov 28, 2005
Derbyshire
David is at daycare today - no wonder he comes home tired. Like to think of him dancing at all (table or not) as we used to be pretty good at it.

I was going to start another thread following Michael E and his telephone no. one. But this thread seems appropriate for a laugh.

Got home from church one Sunday morning and made coffee. During our 'chat' David said he was not at all sure about life after death. A short discussion followed when I said 'there must be something' his response was 'I will keep my eyes open to it then' I became hysterical with laughter at this comment and when he asked why I said I could not imagine him dead with his eyes open - he said 'well I will look for you as I flutter by' So in the next life if you see someone with 'eyes open' then it has to be my husband!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (He obviously meant to say I will keep an open mind).

Thank God we can find some humour in this awful illness

Beckyjan:D :D

alfjess

Jul 10, 2006
south lanarkshire
Hi Beckyjan
I agree, thank god for a sense of humour and it is humourous, lots of the time, if we could not laugh, we would go under. Keep seeing the funny side of things no matter how difficult things become and we can pull through
Alfjess

May

Oct 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Beckyjan
That's wonderful! Maybe we all just develop an enhanced sense of the ridiculous to get us through....whatever.....if it raises a smile that's great in my book;)

Alfjess

My Mum came back from day care today and Dad said 'what have you been doing then today', she said 'this', moving her shoulders backwards and forwards one at a time. We took this to mean dancing as one of the drivers told us they'd had a retirement party for one of the staff, and Mum was pretty tired when she got home.:D