Got the blues today

snoggy1one

Jun 4, 2012
Manchester
I feel so down today. Mum was in an awkward mood again when I visited her today in her care home. She has virtually no memory now and today she was asking about members of our family who have passed away. It was heartbreaking for both of us and she feels abandoned and imprisoned and wants to go home. It weighs so heavy on me all the time.

I could not do right for doing wrong today and mum insulted me saying I was badly overweight, which I am, but it dissolves my confidence to rock bottom.

Mum cannot remember that she needs to go in a wheelchair and was insisting she could walk and was using a tea trolley trying to stagger out of her room. I had to keep stopping her for risk of her falling and she was getting aggressive with me. I had planned a nice girly day out for her today with lunch and treats, but I had to come home instead as things were hopelessly impossible. I could not reason with mum and she was convinced she could walk unaided and had never been in a wheelchair in her life, so, I had to abandon our outing for her own safety. She knows everything all the time and won't take any advice or listen to any logic, it has all gone, thanks to alzheimers, and everything is an up hill struggle.!

I am fed up of being cooped up in the four walls of the care home on visits when mum picks on my outfits, my figure, and finds faults with everything else. Mum cannot read any more, she cannot follow tv so the noise annoys her, as does music, she hates any involvement in activities and refuses to go near any of the male carers and residents, so, we have to remain isolated in her room all the time . Any ideas of how i can improve things??????. I am totally cheesed off today and needed a good moan .

Thanks for reading this.

Bill Owen

Feb 17, 2014
BRIDGEND
Nigth out

i feel so down today. Mum was in an awkward mood again when i visited her today in her care home. She has virtually no memory now and today she was asking about members of our family who have passed away. It was heartbreaking for both of us and she feels abandoned and imprisoned and wants to go home. It weighs so heavy on me all the time.

I could not do right for doing wrong today and mum insulted me saying i was badly overweight, which i am, but it dissolves my confidence to rock bottom.

Mum cannot remember that she needs to go in a wheelchair and was insisting she could walk and was using a tea trolley trying to stagger out of her room. I had to keep stopping her for risk of her falling and she was getting aggressive with me. I had planned a nice girly day out for her today with lunch and treats, but i had to come home instead as things were hopelessly impossible. I could not reason with mum and she was convinced she could walk unaided and had never been in a wheelchair in her life, so, i had to abandon our outing for her own safety. She knows everything all the time and won't take any advice or listen to any logic, it has all gone, thanks to alzheimers, and everything is an up hill struggle.!

I am fed up of being cooped up in the four walls of the care home on visits when mum picks on my outfits, my figure, and finds faults with everything else. Mum cannot read any more, she cannot follow tv so the noise annoys her, as does music, she hates any involvement in activities and refuses to go near any of the male carers and residents, so, we have to remain isolated in her room all the time . Any ideas of how i can improve things??????. I am totally cheesed off today and needed a good moan .

Thanks for reading this.

do have some where to go to like a nigth out . I use this has a pick me up

Witzend

Aug 29, 2007
SW London
If visits are very difficult, then I would say keep them short and go less often. And please try not to feel bad about it. I do sympathise, since I have been through similar - there was a long period when every visit was very stressful. Occasionally I would chicken out because I just couldn't face it - stomach in knots just at the thought. Sometimes it seems that the person is determined to be miserable and find fault with everything, and TBH there isn't a lot you can do except hope that it is a phase that will pass.