Goodnight Godbless Mum

meme

Aug 29, 2011
London
so sorry for your loss...you were with her on her last journey ...she knew, and you will be comforted in the time ahead by this. My last words to my Mother were..goodnight, sweet dreams..I love you...so your "Goodnight Godbless Mum" is special x

LYN T

Aug 30, 2012
Brixham Devon
Hi,

Thank you far asking after me, I guess I'm just going through the motions of everything.... All arrangements have been made, a million phone calls etc.... It just feels strange, mum not being here anymore :( Suppose it's going to take time.

Thank you once again Lyn xx

Well done Vicky for making all the arrangements/phone calls etc. Of course it must feel strange. Your Mum was a big part of your life-but you have done her proud. I'm sure that you will carry on making her proud.

As far as taking time to accept -well there's no rush. Grieve in your own time and your own way for the special person your Mum was.

Love from

Lyn T XXX

VickyG

Feb 6, 2013
Birmingham
It's 2 weeks today since we lost mum, her service is next week. It's gone so fast, the last 2 weeks, but has also seem to have gone in slow-mo. I feel like I've been walking around in a bubble.
People have asked why the service isn't until next week, that it's a long time to wait etc, as it will be almost 3 weeks since her passing. I want the day to be over, but i don't. It's final then.....
xx

Dustycat

Jul 14, 2014
North East
I lost my Mum 3 months ago so I know how you feel. Funerals are the final goodbye but I was determined Mam's was going to be a celebration of her wonderful life. It truly was. We were extremely sad but I gave her the best send off and she would have loved it. It doesn't get any easier after the funeral. In fact I've found it harder as the phone suddenly stops ringing. I hope next week goes ok for you. Take care. Xx

Saffie

Mar 26, 2011
Near Southampton
I hope your goodbye to your Mum is exactly as you want it to be and how she would have wanted it too. I'm sure it will be as you so obviously care so much.

As I have said to you on Kassy's thread, it won't be final as your mother's spirit will continue to live in your heart. x

VickyG

Feb 6, 2013
Birmingham
I lost my Mum 3 months ago so I know how you feel. Funerals are the final goodbye but I was determined Mam's was going to be a celebration of her wonderful life. It truly was. We were extremely sad but I gave her the best send off and she would have loved it. It doesn't get any easier after the funeral. In fact I've found it harder as the phone suddenly stops ringing. I hope next week goes ok for you. Take care. Xx

Hi Dustycat,
Thank you so much for your words. I am dreading it, I don't want thursday to come. My thoughts are very much with you and I know what you mean about the phone stopping ringing, it has already. I guess people that it doesn't affect directly, move on quicker with their lives.......
Thank you again, keep your chin up xx

VickyG

Feb 6, 2013
Birmingham
I hope your goodbye to your Mum is exactly as you want it to be and how she would have wanted it too. I'm sure it will be as you so obviously care so much.

As I have said to you on Kassy's thread, it won't be final as your mother's spirit will continue to live in your heart. x

Hi Saffie,
Thank you for your lovely words, i hope i do my mum proud on thursday, i know it's the last bit of a long 8 years, but that's just it I guess, think because I've had so much involvement with and for mum, I feel quite lost and there's a massive hole there. I guess in time, it will be filled with other things, I know our lives have to go on and I suppose I'll return to work and a bit of 'normality'..... The last few weeks have been filled with arrangements and running around, and now it's drawing closer. I know what mum would be saying to me, and i guess i have to remember that.... keep the chin up, get through it, the world still turns, life goes on etc etc etc.........
Thank you once again
xx

Saffie

Mar 26, 2011
Near Southampton
The silent phone! Oh yes, I have one of those too.
The world is a quiet place after the funeral is over.

Life will go on for you Vicky but take your time.
There is no rush to overcome grief so take each day as it comes.
You will be able to smile at memories of your mother but sometimes, you will weep.
That's what love is all about. xxx

VickyG

Feb 6, 2013
Birmingham
The silent phone! Oh yes, I have one of those too.
The world is a quiet place after the funeral is over.

Life will go on for you Vicky but take your time.
There is no rush to overcome grief so take each day as it comes.
You will be able to smile at memories of your mother but sometimes, you will weep.
That's what love is all about. xxx

Thank you Saffie....xx

Saffie

Mar 26, 2011
Near Southampton
I hope today has gone as you planned it Vicky and as your mother would have wished.
An unreal and restless time will follow if it's anything like I've had since my husband died 2 months ago. Just try to take each day as it comes, it's all I've been able to do. xxx

LYN T

Aug 30, 2012
Brixham Devon
I've been thinking about you today Vicky-I do hope that everything has been ok.

Such a sad time for you and your family

Love from

Lyn T XXXX

VickyG

Feb 6, 2013
Birmingham
I do understand,i felt the same Vicky.
You will get through it,and we are here if you need us.xx

Hi Kassy,
Thank you for your words, I did get through it, I don't know how, but I did.
Mum had a beautiful send off, the service was fab, everything went so well. I'm sure she was smiling down on us.
Xx

VickyG

Feb 6, 2013
Birmingham
I hope today has gone as you planned it Vicky and as your mother would have wished.
An unreal and restless time will follow if it's anything like I've had since my husband died 2 months ago. Just try to take each day as it comes, it's all I've been able to do. xxx

Hi Saffie
Thank you for your words, the day was as lovely as possible, mum would of enjoyed it had she been sat there, I'm sure.
I'm not sure how I feel to be honest, I still have quite a bit to sort out, I'm sure it will hit me at some point :(
Take care
xx

VickyG

Feb 6, 2013
Birmingham
I've been thinking about you today Vicky-I do hope that everything has been ok.

Such a sad time for you and your family

Love from

Lyn T XXXX

Hi Lyn
Thank you, I'm not sure how I got through it, but I did. Think mum would of enjoyed it, and everyone said how proud I should be for not only giving her a lovely last 7 months, but the peaceful ending, and a lovely service on thursday.
I guess things will hit me at some point :(
Vicky xx

VickyG

Feb 6, 2013
Birmingham
Practice what I preach ?

It was 5 weeks yesterday that mum left us, it seems like an eternity but also seems like it was just yesterday...... I've been filling my time with lots of things, mainly all mum related stuff, sorting things out, on-going issues with the DWP, CAB etc.... can't even think about closing the building society account yet, nor arranging for the spreading of her ashes ( I'm in no rush for that as for me, that's when it becomes final ?)........ We've booked a holiday ( we go in a few weeks ) and I have mixed emotions. I know mum would be saying, " you go and have a lovely time ", but it don't feel like i should be off on me jollies.... I know i have to stop beating myself up about everything, I would be telling anyone else exactly the same. Maybe I need to practice what I preach.
xx

VickyG

Feb 6, 2013
Birmingham
It's 7 weeks today since mum left us.........
I go on holiday tomorrow.......
It's going to be strange, not being able to go sit in mum's room for 2 weeks.....

LYN T

Aug 30, 2012
Brixham Devon
It's 7 weeks today since mum left us.........
I go on holiday tomorrow.......
It's going to be strange, not being able to go sit in mum's room for 2 weeks.....

Hi Vicky

Give yourself 'permission' to go on Holiday and enjoy it. It's what you deserve. What do you think your Mum would have said if she was alive and well? I bet it would have been something along the lines of 'off you go and have a good time'.

Where are you going?

Take care

Lyn T