Goodnight Dad, sleep well

snorkmaiden

Mar 8, 2014
Surrey
Lost my Dad last weekend. Still don't know what happened, it was all so sudden in the end but it's with the Coroner now, PM on Monday. Dad was pretty poorly with multiple health issues and the Alzheimers only made it harder to work out what was going wrong for him. I can only say that I feel relieved for him that it's over and relieved for me that I never lost him completely to Alzheimers, he still knew who I was and where he was (at home with me). I'm grateful that he never got to the stage of being in pain with his cancer or being completely lost and upset by the Alzheimers. I miss him dreadfully, it's been a hard 3 years.

jan.s

Sep 20, 2011
I am so sorry to hear about your Dad. He is peaceful now. X

hvml

Oct 10, 2015
North Cornwall
So sorry to hear about your loss snorkmaiden. Time is a great healer and you will always have those positive thoughts to temper the sadness. Xx

Chuggalug

Mar 24, 2014
Norfolk
I got the news of my Dad's passing in a letter :( It's so hard. I'll bet you miss your Dad dreadfully

My loving condolences.

Shedrech

Dec 15, 2012
UK
Condolences snorkmaiden - within your sadness, though, I'm pleased for you both that he was with you at home. He can now rest in peace. And you will be able to carry on your living with peace of mind.

Gigglemore

Oct 18, 2013
British Isles
Condolences on the loss of your dear Dad, wishing you strength to get through the painful times ahead as you grieve. Having cared for him at home must mean that there are so many painful reminders all around you each day. Hope you are managing to get some rest now that he is at peace.

Take care.

scattysue

Aug 20, 2015
So sorry to hear of your loss - you must miss your dad terribly. Please take comfort in the knowledge that you cared for him as well as you could. My thoughts are with you xx

LadyA

Oct 19, 2009
Ireland
Very sorry to hear of your loss. It sounds like it was quite unexpected, and must have been a shock for you.
My sympathies to you and your family.

grove

Aug 24, 2010
North Yorkshire
Hello & So Sorry.......

On the sad loss of your dear Father. Sending much. Love and. Sympathy.

Wishing you strength & peace in the days and weeks. Too come

Love. And Hugs.

Grove. X X. X

snorkmaiden

Mar 8, 2014
Surrey
Thank you everyone for your kind words and support. Though I never posted here much I certainly read often and took both comfort and advice from other peoples stories. So from Pull-Ups and POA to Sundowning and drug side effects thank you all so much for your help xxx

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Katejacko