Goodnight Dad, sleep well

Discussion in 'I care for a person with dementia' started by snorkmaiden, Oct 31, 2015.

1. snorkmaiden

snorkmaiden Registered User

Mar 8, 2014
    Surrey
    Lost my Dad last weekend. Still don't know what happened, it was all so sudden in the end but it's with the Coroner now, PM on Monday. Dad was pretty poorly with multiple health issues and the Alzheimers only made it harder to work out what was going wrong for him. I can only say that I feel relieved for him that it's over and relieved for me that I never lost him completely to Alzheimers, he still knew who I was and where he was (at home with me). I'm grateful that he never got to the stage of being in pain with his cancer or being completely lost and upset by the Alzheimers. I miss him dreadfully, it's been a hard 3 years.

2. jan.s

jan.s Registered User

Sep 20, 2011
    I am so sorry to hear about your Dad. He is peaceful now. X

3. Bear44

Bear44 Registered User

Sep 28, 2015
    USA
    My thoughts and prayers are with you. Losing a parent is never easy.

4. hvml

hvml Registered User

Oct 10, 2015
    North Cornwall
    So sorry to hear about your loss snorkmaiden. Time is a great healer and you will always have those positive thoughts to temper the sadness. Xx

5. sleepless

sleepless Registered User

Feb 19, 2010
    Female
    The Sweet North
    Your dad is free from his illnesses and at peace now. Sending sympathy to you for your loss, and wishing you comfort as you mourn him.
    xx

6. Witzend

Witzend Registered User

Aug 29, 2007
    SW London
    So very hard for you, but as you say, a blessing that he didn't have to go through even worse. x

7. Spamar

Spamar Registered User

Oct 5, 2013
    Suffolk
    Sending condolences, snorkmaiden.

8. Chuggalug

Chuggalug Registered User

Mar 24, 2014
    Norfolk
    I got the news of my Dad's passing in a letter :( It's so hard. I'll bet you miss your Dad dreadfully

My loving condolences.

9. cragmaid

cragmaid Registered User

Oct 18, 2010
    North East England
    It hurts to lose a parent you loved. The pain will ease in time, then the happier memories will come back. Thinking of you, Maureen.x

10. Shedrech

Shedrech Volunteer Moderator

Dec 15, 2012
    Yorkshire
    Condolences snorkmaiden - within your sadness, though, I'm pleased for you both that he was with you at home. He can now rest in peace. And you will be able to carry on your living with peace of mind.

11. Gigglemore

Gigglemore Registered User

Oct 18, 2013
    British Isles
    Condolences on the loss of your dear Dad, wishing you strength to get through the painful times ahead as you grieve. Having cared for him at home must mean that there are so many painful reminders all around you each day. Hope you are managing to get some rest now that he is at peace.

Take care.

12. Soobee

Soobee Registered User

Aug 22, 2009
    South
    my condolences to you.

13. Goldsmith

Goldsmith Registered User

Oct 21, 2015
    Maldon, Essex
    I have no other words of comfort other than have already been said. Im soooo sorry for your loss.

14. Flake

Flake Registered User

Mar 9, 2015
    Thinking of you at this sad time x

15. scattysue

scattysue Registered User

Aug 20, 2015
    So sorry to hear of your loss - you must miss your dad terribly. Please take comfort in the knowledge that you cared for him as well as you could. My thoughts are with you xx

16. LadyA

LadyA Registered User

Oct 19, 2009
    Ireland
    Very sorry to hear of your loss. It sounds like it was quite unexpected, and must have been a shock for you.
    My sympathies to you and your family.

17. grove

grove Registered User

Aug 24, 2010
    North Yorkshire
    Hello & So Sorry.......

On the sad loss of your dear Father. Sending much. Love and. Sympathy.

Wishing you strength & peace in the days and weeks. Too come

Love. And Hugs.

Grove. X X. X

18. snorkmaiden

snorkmaiden Registered User

Mar 8, 2014
    Surrey
    Thank you everyone for your kind words and support. Though I never posted here much I certainly read often and took both comfort and advice from other peoples stories. So from Pull-Ups and POA to Sundowning and drug side effects thank you all so much for your help xxx

19. susy

susy Registered User

Jul 29, 2013
    North East
    So sorry for your loss. My sincere condolences