Goodbye

Haziebear

Feb 29, 2020
Northwich Cheshire
Today I said goodbye to my husband. He spent the last 13 weeks in a nursing home as I was completely exhausted and had a breakdown. He was so beautifully cared for and I was lucky enough to be able to hold him in my arms singing somewhere over the rainbow as he gave me one last smile and then the life slipped out of his body.
stay strong everyone and remember to always tell your partners etc you love them as one moment they won’t be there.

CAL Y

Jul 17, 2021
My sincere condolences to you. It was wonderful that you were able to hold him at the end.xxxxxx

spandit

Feb 11, 2020
@Haziebear, so sorry for your loss but now he's at peace and you can remember the happier times before he became ill. You've stirred up memories of a funeral for a 7 year old boy who died at my school. I was in the school choir we were asked to sing at his funeral - I was about 9 - I'm now 44. Our music teacher, who is no longer with us, sang the same song. It's made me cry ever since. I'll never forget his name, even though I never met him, or the tiny little white coffin in the church.

Banjomansmate

Jan 13, 2019
Dorset
In the coming weeks and months I think you will find it comforting and a positive memory to hold on to.
Thinking of you.
C.

Wildflowerlady

Sep 30, 2019
So sorry to read of your loss @Haziebear but its lovely to know that you were able to hold your husband, be there with him and for him to give you his last smile.

RosettaT

Sep 9, 2018
Mid Lincs
Oh @Haziebear, that sound such a peaceful end. That's all I hope for my darling husband when his time comes.
Look after yourself and take comfort in knowing he is at peace. Bless you,

(((Hugs)))

Jale

Jul 9, 2018
So very sorry for your loss, but glad that you were able to be with him (it always sounds so wrong to say that" I'm glad"),
Sending hugs, take care x

Haziebear

Feb 29, 2020
Northwich Cheshire
I celebrated his life with family and friends. He had thoughtfully written his funeral plans many years ago and how apt the words were from his chosen pieces. I had to look up the lyrics for one but I made sure he had all his wishes from Andrea Botticelli singing Time to say goodbye, through the poem When tomorrow starts without me and ending with Wishing you were somehow here again. A perfect end for my perfect husband. Thanks for all the love shown here.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dorarosa