Goodbye to Peg

connie

Mar 7, 2004
Frinton-on-Sea
Hpefully I shall be able to attend Peg's funeral on Moday, in Birmingham.

Caught a bit of "Parkinson" tonight...............Can I annex "I did it my way",

My Lionel always always maintained that was what I did. If, whenever the day comes, you have to rememeber me..........rememeber.........................................
I did it my way....just don't make it the 9/7................................................

Nell

Aug 9, 2005
Australia
Dear Connie,
I feel I shouldn't ask you to do this but I'm hoping you might lay a single flower on Peg's coffin (or grave) as a token of our sincere respect and love for Norman from all TPers. If I've taken too much of a liberty in asking this, please ignore my request and forgive me.

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
connie said:
I did it my way....just don't make it the 9/7................................................

Oh Connie, I will be thinking of you.

I think Nell`s idea of a single flower from all TPers is lovely. I hope it is possible.

Love xx

Tina

May 19, 2006
connie said:
My Lionel always always maintained that was what I did. If, whenever the day comes, you have to rememeber me..........rememeber.........................................

Connie, will be thinking of you and Norman and Peg and your families on Monday on what will be a difficult day for you all.
Much love, Tina xx

elaineo2

Jul 6, 2007
leigh lancashire
peg and norman

just joined the site.don't know anyone but i am moved by your tributes to peg.god bless her and keep her.wot a good bunch you are.am truly moved.elainex

May

Oct 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Oh Connie, I will be thinking of you.

I think Nell`s idea of a single flower from all TPers is lovely. I hope it is poss
whenever the day comes, you have to rememeber me..........rememeber............................. ............
I did it my way..
Connie, your Lionel is a star and absolutely right. Will be thinking of you all on Monday.
Take care
Love xx

Brucie

Jan 31, 2004
near London
We've just returned from Birmingham a short time ago.

Connie, Nada, Craig and Bruce drove together to join Norman and his family and many friends in saying goodbye to Peg.

In a day with a lot of rain about, there was sun and a blue patch above the very touching funeral service.

Norman commented that it was a shame the world can't be like the congregation at the service - with members of all religions and races, young and old. The place was packed.

We spent time with Norman and his family back at the house afterwards and, as with every time I meet him, I left Norman full of respect for such an outstanding man and husband.

Skye

Aug 29, 2006
SW Scotland
Thank you for the report, Bruce. I'm glad the sun came out.

I think the the thoughts of so many of us were in Birmingham today.

Brucie

Jan 31, 2004
near London
Oops! I forgot to say we had arranged for flowers to be there from all members of TP.

There were also flowers from Said, Tash and Clare.

Linda Mc

Jul 3, 2005
Nr Mold
Thank you Bruce it is lovely to know flowers were there from all on TP.

I was at a funeral too yesterday( the father of a close friend) so was able to remember Peg and Norman whilst in church.

Linda x

fearful fiona

Apr 19, 2007
London
Dear Connie,

I have just logged on after a few difficult days and I know I'm too late to be thinking of you and Norman's family yesterday, but please do know that my thoughts are with you all still.

It sounds as though yesterday was a wonderful tribute to Peg and the congregation sounded like all TPers - all ages, races and religions with a common aim. How wonderful that we were represented there.

Much love xxx

Nell

Aug 9, 2005
Australia
Thank you to Bruce, Connie, Nada and Craig for representing us all at Peg's funeral and for organising flowers from TP. It sounds like a very fitting farewell to a special person. Our thoughts are with Norman as he faces this new phase of his life, wishing him peace and strength.