1. Expert Q&A: Protecting a person with dementia from financial abuse - Weds 26 June, 3:30-4:30 pm

Financial abuse can have serious consequences for a person with dementia. Find out how to protect a person with dementia from financial abuse.

Sam, our Knowledge Officer (Legal and Welfare Rights) is our expert on this topic. She will be here to answer your questions on Wednesday 26 June between 3:30 - 4:30 pm.

You can either post questions >here< or email them to us at talkingpoint@alzheimers.org.uk and we'll answer as many as we can on the day.

1. connie

connie Registered User

Mar 7, 2004
    Frinton-on-Sea
    Hpefully I shall be able to attend Peg's funeral on Moday, in Birmingham.

Caught a bit of "Parkinson" tonight...............Can I annex "I did it my way",

My Lionel always always maintained that was what I did. If, whenever the day comes, you have to rememeber me..........rememeber.........................................
    I did it my way....just don't make it the 9/7................................................

2. Margarita

Margarita Registered User

Feb 17, 2006
    london
    And thats the best way
    Send Norman my love .

as we remember norman saying Day by day

3. Nell

Nell Registered User

Aug 9, 2005
    Australia
    Dear Connie,
    I feel I shouldn't ask you to do this but I'm hoping you might lay a single flower on Peg's coffin (or grave) as a token of our sincere respect and love for Norman from all TPers. If I've taken too much of a liberty in asking this, please ignore my request and forgive me.

4. Kathleen

Kathleen Registered User

Mar 12, 2005
    West Sussex
    Nell

That sounds a lovely idea, I will take a minute on Monday to pray for them both.

Kathleen
    x

5. Grannie G

Grannie G Volunteer Moderator

Apr 3, 2006
    Kent
    Oh Connie, I will be thinking of you.

I think Nell`s idea of a single flower from all TPers is lovely. I hope it is possible.

Love xx

6. Skye

Skye Registered User

Aug 29, 2006
    SW Scotland
    Connie, my thoughts and prayers will be with you and all Norman's family on Monday.

Love,

7. Tina

Tina Registered User

May 19, 2006
    Connie, will be thinking of you and Norman and Peg and your families on Monday on what will be a difficult day for you all.
    Much love, Tina xx

8. elaineo2

elaineo2 Registered User

Jul 6, 2007
    leigh lancashire
    peg and norman

just joined the site.don't know anyone but i am moved by your tributes to peg.god bless her and keep her.wot a good bunch you are.am truly moved.elainex

9. May

May Registered User

Oct 15, 2005
    Yorkshire
    Connie, your Lionel is a star and absolutely right. Will be thinking of you all on Monday.
    Take care
    Love xx

10. Brucie

Brucie Registered User

Jan 31, 2004
    near London
    We've just returned from Birmingham a short time ago.

Connie, Nada, Craig and Bruce drove together to join Norman and his family and many friends in saying goodbye to Peg.

In a day with a lot of rain about, there was sun and a blue patch above the very touching funeral service.

Norman commented that it was a shame the world can't be like the congregation at the service - with members of all religions and races, young and old. The place was packed.

We spent time with Norman and his family back at the house afterwards and, as with every time I meet him, I left Norman full of respect for such an outstanding man and husband.

11. Skye

Skye Registered User

Aug 29, 2006
    SW Scotland
    Thank you for the report, Bruce. I'm glad the sun came out.

I think the the thoughts of so many of us were in Birmingham today.

12. Brucie

Brucie Registered User

Jan 31, 2004
    near London
    Oops! I forgot to say we had arranged for flowers to be there from all members of TP.

There were also flowers from Said, Tash and Clare.

13. Amy

Amy Registered User

Jan 4, 2006
    Thank you Bruce.
    Love Helen

14. May

May Registered User

Oct 15, 2005
    Yorkshire
    Thank you Bruce. As Skye said, there have been many thoughts centred on Birmingham today.

15. Linda Mc

Linda Mc Registered User

Jul 3, 2005
    Nr Mold
    Thank you Bruce it is lovely to know flowers were there from all on TP.

I was at a funeral too yesterday( the father of a close friend) so was able to remember Peg and Norman whilst in church.

Linda x

16. fearful fiona

fearful fiona Registered User

Apr 19, 2007
    London
    Dear Connie,

I have just logged on after a few difficult days and I know I'm too late to be thinking of you and Norman's family yesterday, but please do know that my thoughts are with you all still.

It sounds as though yesterday was a wonderful tribute to Peg and the congregation sounded like all TPers - all ages, races and religions with a common aim. How wonderful that we were represented there.

Much love xxx

17. Nell

Nell Registered User

Aug 9, 2005
    Australia
    Thank you to Bruce, Connie, Nada and Craig for representing us all at Peg's funeral and for organising flowers from TP. It sounds like a very fitting farewell to a special person. Our thoughts are with Norman as he faces this new phase of his life, wishing him peace and strength.