Goodbye my love .... John died today

dumpygirl

Nov 20, 2013
derbyshire
I have followed your journey with John and am full of admiration for you.
I just wanted to say how I admire you Scarlett and I am so happy that the funeral went just as you wanted it to and you were able to give your eulogy straight
from the heart. I loved reading about the robins - how absolutely wonderful to see something like this, and also as another of our TP ers said - the white feathers often come at a time like this which I truly believe are sent to us from our loved ones to let us know that they are around us and still guiding us
I wish you peace and strength for the future. Love Anne.

lizzybean

Feb 3, 2014
Lancashire
To so many people, who vaporised, he was nothing :mad::mad::mad:. Now all of a sudden, they're writing things like "what an amazing funeral yesterday for my dear old friend John"!!! Dan, my son, said I'm actually a better actress than Dame Helen, cos he thought I sounded genuine when I was thanking them for coming!![/QUOTE]

Now Scarlett! It will do you no favours to start getting all hung up on this kind of thing. You don't need the anger to sustain you any longer so deep breath & let it go. You knew there would be people like this, there always is. They are only there to salve their own consciences, you need waste no time or energy on them.

You will need your strength for you now. Take care.

LYN T

Aug 30, 2012
Brixham Devon
Scarlett-I hope you managed some sleep last night. It's over as far as rituals go; however, the grief and loss that you will continue to feel is so raw. Take care of yourself my friend. Let go of those false friends.

Love

Lyn T

tomgee3425

Feb 3, 2014
Negombo Sri Lanka
At 6.30 this morning, I heard the doorbell go. I was surprised that Billy hadn't barked, but I got up, took the chain off, unlocked the door, and nobody was there. But I knew it was John saying goodbye.

Sure enough about half an hour later, they rang from the Home, and I knew what they would say, and I told them at what time he'd died. I went to see him, and he looked at peace. His log sheet showed he was seen at 6.20, and the staff were going past his room, all the time, so I am fairly positive that he rang the bell to say goodbye.

I am just so pleased he's free from pain, and at peace. The doctor came whilst I was there, and discussed with me the certificate, and he is putting Dementia as the cause of death, as this avoids a post mortem.

I've made an appointment at the Funeral Home for Monday, I'll be registering the death at the Registry Office tomorrow, and I've unpacked my grocery delivery. I'm just glad that I had nearly 50 years of love, with a most wonderful husband, father and grandfather.
So sorry to hear of your husbands death. My condolences to you

Scarlett123

Apr 30, 2013
Essex
Dan and I had a lovely day today. We went to the 02, and had lunch, then saw Elvis at Graceland. There were lots of photos of Elvis with his Mum, and voice overs, saying how much he loved her, and Dan said "just like I love you".

He's 44, and though, at 6'4", he's much taller than John, he looks so like John did 30 years ago. And he's going back tomorrow, and I know my emotions, that have been held in check by him being here, are going to burst through on the way back from Heathrow. :(

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
I'm glad you had such a wonderful day with your son Scarlett. Your emotions are bound to be raw and I don't think you need to hold them in check.

I hope you get some rest tonight. x

pony-mad

May 23, 2014
Mid-Wales
Are you planning any trips across the Atlantic?
Glad you had a lovely day
X

Sent from my iPhone using Talking Point

truth24

Oct 13, 2013
North Somerset
Will be thinking of you Scarlett and hope you are planning an early visit to catch up with your grandson. With love. Verity xx

Sent from my GT-N5110

LadyA

Oct 19, 2009
Ireland
Thinking of you too Scarlett. Hard to say goodbye to your son at this time. I hope you can plan a happier reunion soon.

WIFE

May 23, 2014
WEST SUSSEX
Have been thinking of you Scarlett this week as I sat by my husband's bedside night and day and no access to my computer to send you a message of support.

Loving thoughts WIFE

LYN T

Aug 30, 2012
Brixham Devon
Scarlett, I'm thinking of you today and understanding your emotions. To say goodbye to your Son so soon after John's passing must be very hard.

Just to let you know that I feel for you

Love

Lyn T XX

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
Today must have been hard for you Scarlett. I hope you have someone supporting you now. x

Rageddy Anne

Feb 21, 2013
Cotswolds
Have been following your days Scarlett with awe at the strength you've found. Will be hugging you in my heart in the days to come...I hope you can rest, and sleep, and find comfort in some of your wonderful happy memories.

Scarlett123

Apr 30, 2013
Essex
Today must have been hard for you Scarlett. I hope you have someone supporting you now. x

To quote Colin Firth in Love Actually, quoting Gilbert O'Sullivan "Alone again ...... naturally". :( Not even a phone call from my daughter. :(:(:( But 2 calls from good friends, which was nice but just Billy and me now.

Then I came on here and saw WIFE's thread. :( Three lads gone in 3 weeks, and 3 midows who are now widows. How cruel! I am so sorry that WIFE has to start the New Year like this, and once again, the dreaded UTIs strike with a deadly force.

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
To quote Colin Firth in Love Actually, quoting Gilbert O'Sullivan "Alone again ...... naturally". :( Not even a phone call from my daughter. :(:(:( But 2 calls from good friends, which was nice but just Billy and me now.

Then I came on here and saw WIFE's thread. :( Three lads gone in 3 weeks, and 3 midows who are now widows. How cruel! I am so sorry that WIFE has to start the New Year like this, and once again, the dreaded UTIs strike with a deadly force.

Thinking of you all with a lump in my throat. xxxx

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dan Smith