Goodbye Mum

Jessbow

Mar 1, 2013
Midlands
Please can you refer to the Halifax/Lloyd’s bsnk code of practice where it quite clearly states how much money they will transfer to an executor’s account without any mention of probate. I think you will find the amount is £50,000. My mum’s accounts in both banks cane to under that amount.

They haven't transferred it to an executors account though. You said they were transferring it to the account of the executor- that isn't the same thing.

I'll say no more.
I am far from the only one thinking this isn't happening in the correct way so I leave it.

Last edited:

Marcelle123

Nov 9, 2015
Yorkshire
@Kikki21 - I can't add anything to this present discussion, as my Mum's will was a much simpler situation. I don't know if there is a source of technical or legal advice that you could consult?

But I would just like to send love & best wishes at this stressful time for you. xx

Kikki21

Feb 27, 2016
East Midlands
@Kikki21 - I can't add anything to this present discussion, as my Mum's will was a much simpler situation. I don't know if there is a source of technical or legal advice that you could consult?

But I would just like to send love & best wishes at this stressful time for you. xx

Thank you @Marcelle123 - my mum’s will isn’t at all complicated & I have done a lot of research on the matter & I even rang up Coop Legal Services as she had her funeral with them so I could use their services. I’ve not done anything wrong. People assist executors all of the time, it’s a tough job.
I told the executor why he needs to make a record of everything re: accounts of my mum’s estate & he’s fine with that. He is a responsible person but has his own issues as we all have.

He probably didn’t realise how it all is & the fact that he lives in Luton does not help.
Anyway, it is a month today that my mum passed away & a lot has happened during this time. We are just trying to fulfil her wishes & maybe this is the unconventional way of doing it all but that is the way it is! Xx

Kikki21

Feb 27, 2016
East Midlands
They haven't transferred it to an executors account though. You said they were transferring it to the account of the executor- that isn't the same thing.

I'll say no more.
I am far from the only one thinking this isn't happening in the correct way so I leave it.

As long as he isn’t cheating my mother’s estate & can keep a set of accounts as he is required to do then what does it actually matter?
He has actually opened another account at his bank so that is where the money is sitting so it is separate from his own money.

Kikki21

Feb 27, 2016
East Midlands
Hoping you have a lovely Sunday, @Kikki21 , and that everything goes well for you next week.
Love & best wishes,
Marcelle xx

Thank you @Marcelle123 wow it was a long drive up to Edinburgh on Friday & seemed an even longer drive coming back down again yesterday. Still feel pretty shattered but got to get on & complete the bungalow declutter so it is ready for photos on Thursday so we can get ready to go up for sale.
I’ve figured out what I am going to concentrate on today & hope that we can get sorted. Well we will get sorted, no question! Busy busy
Hope everyone had a great weekend xx

Kikki21

Feb 27, 2016
East Midlands
So the great declutter continues.... I managed to fulfil my declutter targets today & more & taking an antihistamine against the dust really works.
I did the kitchen, bathroom, part of the hallway, my mum’s bedroom & made a big start on my mum’s sewing room, the third bedroom.

We also cleared some rubbish off to the tip & moved car boot sale stuff in boxes to the garage from the lounge. It’s a really big job but I am really pleased that I made such progress today.
The EPC certificate is being done next week so we really are on track. The for sale sign is already up in the garden.
That was a bit of a shock seeing that when we pulled up. The gardener is doing the garden first thing on Thursday so that is also on track.

Now I can get on with my own business stuff before I pull in another decluttering session tomorrow plus try & get ready for my 5 day break which I am very ready for x

Marcelle123

Nov 9, 2015
Yorkshire
Good to hear that you got so much done.

The anti-histamine - I wish I'd thought of that. I was very sick indeed after clearing out the top of my mother's wardrobe in 2017, because I am allergic to house dust.

Very best wishes - have a good week. xx

love.dad.but..

Jan 16, 2014
Kent
Good the de clutter is going to plan I found with dad's house to power through as you are doing and once you can see the wood for the trees as it were you feel a great deal of satisfaction of what has been achieved in such a short time.

Where are you going for your break?

Kikki21

Feb 27, 2016
East Midlands
Good to hear that you got so much done.

The anti-histamine - I wish I'd thought of that. I was very sick indeed after clearing out the top of my mother's wardrobe in 2017, because I am allergic to house dust.

Very best wishes - have a good week. xx

There is quite a bit of dust & i’m not great with it either @Marcelle123 & I am suffering a bit with hay fever as it is so anti- histamines make sense & definitely helped. I’m also getting either really dry eyes or really watery eyes with it all!
I didn’t manage to get to the bungalow yesterday but made it for it today.
I’m going back there tomorrow morning. The gardeners are doing my mum’s garden aka jungle first thing tomorrow morning. It’s their first job of the day.

So all I have left to do is to fluff up the lounge a bit, bits of the hallway to do & my bedroom to fluff up so it’s looking SO much better in there. I have not only decluttered but also cleaned out in some areas so making life easier over the next few weeks xx

Kikki21

Feb 27, 2016
East Midlands
Good the de clutter is going to plan I found with dad's house to power through as you are doing and once you can see the wood for the trees as it were you feel a great deal of satisfaction of what has been achieved in such a short time.

Where are you going for your break?

Yes I know that feeling of powering through & the difference it makes is amazing!
I have not only decluttered in some places but also completely cleared as the ever growing amount of bin bags expands. Of course we have hidden bits & pieces for photo purposes but the next stage after the photos are taken is to actually car boot & sell some items although not that much to actually sell but if we can target & go through it all room by room then that should save us time later on - it might be very tight to achieve this & of course probate needs to go through but it would be awesome to get a quick sale going through & likewise to get the purchase of the house I want to buy as well moving to a late summer completion date & before the next round of wedding show season starts. I’ll give it a good go in any case.

I have a one night hotel stay that I got in an offer before we take in a 3 night mini cruise from Southampton to Amsterdam & then when we get back, we have another hotel stay elsewhere so it is 5 nights away. It’s been over a year since I had a proper break that involves no work whatsoever so this is well overdue.

Kikki21

Feb 27, 2016
East Midlands
So I am finally packing for going away so thought I would just have a break from it & write on here.
The gardeners did a great job on the garden & soon got it looking under control. It looked great in the pictures. The estate agent came & took photos ( I wish I had taken before shots) & said that I had done a fantastic job of decluttering & the bungalow looked great.

He said that he had had interest shown already with the for sale board out already so I take it that is a really good sign.

He is just gathering all he has to do as there are a lot of compliance things he has to do such as anti money laundering etc & he is almost there with that & once the photos get edited then we will be just about ready to go. I told him that I will still check my emails while I am away etc so if I need to authorise anything then I can do.

The executor has been getting on with the probate form today & the well off cousin has the renunciation form as well so it looks like matters are progressing there too.

I had better get back to my packing & look forward to recharging my batteries somewhat. The past year & the last few months have been sad, traumatic, stressful & very tiring.

Elle3

Jun 30, 2016
Well done on getting the bungalow ready for sale, I’m sure you will get lots of interest and fingers crossed for a quick sale.

I think you do deserve this holiday, hope you can totally relax and take full advantage of the down time. Have fun. X

Skylight99

Jan 18, 2015
Hi Kikki

Sorry for your loss.

I am a little behind you - my mum died on 11th April and I am on my way up to Scotland from Kent this weekend for the first declutter. I did a bit in the week or so after she died and I know that it’s going to be difficult, especially as she had a mouse infestation. I think it was in hand when she was there but really got worse when she was in hospital. There are droppings everywhere, in all her letters and photos. Have a lovely break. I have one to look forward to as well

Kikki21

Feb 27, 2016
East Midlands
Hi everyone thank you for your good wishes. It was a lovely time away just too short. Both hotel stays were great & we were just getting into the cruise when it was time to get off. It was good to have a change of scenery but it highlighted to me that I probably need a beach break where I do as little as possible for a week or so!

I have 4 events to do this month including one all weekend so I have to find the motivation to sort my stock out from somewhere & that hasn’t happened as yet! Plus unpacking, food shopping, clothes washing etc! Both cats were very happy to see us home yesterday & they are both ultra clingy for a few days afterwards xx

Kikki21

Feb 27, 2016
East Midlands
Hi Kikki

Sorry for your loss.

I am a little behind you - my mum died on 11th April and I am on my way up to Scotland from Kent this weekend for the first declutter. I did a bit in the week or so after she died and I know that it’s going to be difficult, especially as she had a mouse infestation. I think it was in hand when she was there but really got worse when she was in hospital. There are droppings everywhere, in all her letters and photos. Have a lovely break. I have one to look forward to as well

So sorry for your loss too @Skylight99 - that is a long way to travel to declutter. We are so lucky that we live very close by to my mum’s bungalow. Next week, we will recommence decluttering & selling & taking things to the tip. Big hugs to you x

Kikki21

Feb 27, 2016
East Midlands
The bungalow is still not officially on the market. We got the EPC stuff done on it yesterday so that is all ready now so apparently all we are waiting for is for the other executor to send in the form that she is renunciating.

I have no idea why the estate agent needs this info but they do. It then transpired that she filled in the form incorrectly as somehow it made out that P the executor was renunciating & then her daughter witnessed & signed the form which it clearly states that no one related to the person should.

I pointed this out to P & suggested that he sorts it out pronto & he said he was already onto it. Silly delays. Hopefully everything else is ready to go now & then I hope P will be ready to do the probate online stuff too. Fingers crossed!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
orange77