Goodbye Mum

Kikki21

Feb 27, 2016
East Midlands
The estate agent confirmed that it is a compliance thing so as soon as he has sight of the correctly filled out form then the bungalow can go on sale. My cousin said she sent the rejigged form back yesterday to the executor so we should have the green light later today fingers crossed.

I am setting up the show stand this afternoon & I feel completely exhausted. I definitely need to increase my iron supplements & my B vitamins as I do notice a big difference when I do this. The event runs from 8am to 6pm for the 2 days.
Mmmm not good!

My fiancé’s mum is now in hospital as she had a procedure done yesterday to help her breathing as she has COPD, she had tiny nickel coils put into her lung/s but first apparently they have to collapse her lung to do it so she was in a lot of pain & they do the procedure under sedation. I must admit that I am somewhat surprised that as she is meant to be on palliative care that she has even had this procedure done as I didn’t think there was nothing more they could do for her. She is only in her 70’s but was a heavy smoker & she gets out of breath very easily.

I feel sorry for her but she has caused a lot of grief in her life & bullies my fiancé constantly but he feels duty bound to see her. I don’t go with him as I find his mum & his 2 half sisters very toxic. I have a bad feeling about his mum & i’m not sure this procedure will be successful for her, in fact I think it will be the opposite but we shall see.

Baby Bunty

Jan 24, 2018
Hi i havent been on tp since my mums funeral..i am so so sorry to hear of your mums passing..thinking of you. Baby bunty.xx

Kikki21

Feb 27, 2016
East Midlands
Well the bungalow still isn’t on the market. I guess the compliance team don’t work late on a Friday or at weekends so I am hoping that it will definitely go on sale on Monday. I will feel better when it does but even so I have to manage viewings in between doing my events so just attempting to plan my week.

I miss my mum today. In fact, I miss her a lot. I wish I could ask her advice on things in my life ( obviously pre dementia) but now I can’t ask her at all. Can’t believe it is a month since her funeral. Seems so long ago & so much has happened since then.

Skylight99

Jan 18, 2015
Thanks Kikki

I have been up over the weekend and made good progress. I decided just to take my time and not put myself under any pressure and actually I did more than I thought. Exhausted now though.... !

So sorry for your loss too @Skylight99 - that is a long way to travel to declutter. We are so lucky that we live very close by to my mum’s bungalow. Next week, we will recommence decluttering & selling & taking things to the tip. Big hugs to you x
kki

Kikki21

Feb 27, 2016
East Midlands
Thanks Kikki

I have been up over the weekend and made good progress. I decided just to take my time and not put myself under any pressure and actually I did more than I thought. Exhausted now though.... !

kki

You’ll get there! I just powered through. There is only me & my fiancé who are clearing out my mum’s house. It is a big task as well as working & we are both self employed so trying to fit everything in!

Kikki21

Feb 27, 2016
East Midlands
So I finally got the email I was waiting for yesterday morning & so the bungalow is finally up for sale. Literally within minutes, I had my first viewing request followed by another one a few hrs later! Both for today. The first one is at 10am - eek! Both seem well qualified buyers from watching the house buying/selling programmes!

Marcelle123

Nov 9, 2015
Yorkshire
So I finally got the email I was waiting for yesterday morning & so the bungalow is finally up for sale. Literally within minutes, I had my first viewing request followed by another one a few hrs later! Both for today. The first one is at 10am - eek! Both seem well qualified buyers from watching the house buying/selling programmes!

That sounds like progress indeed. Fingers crossed for you.

Best wishes that you have a good week & some time for yourself too. xx

Kikki21

Feb 27, 2016
East Midlands
That sounds like progress indeed. Fingers crossed for you.

Best wishes that you have a good week & some time for yourself too. xx

Thank you so much @Marcelle123 - it really is all happening. The viewing this morning has actually resulted in an offer. She wanted to ensure that she could get in first hence the early viewing time. They live on the same estate & so they walked to see the bungalow. I told him that I am looking for a certain number & that I do have a viewing tonight so I will let them know how it goes.
They have offered £193k, I want £195k - they came up £500 so it is a strong offer. They are sold subject to contract & don’t need a mortgage as downsizing.
However, we have lost the house we wanted. I’m disappointed but the guys wanted to be out of there ASAP & it is an investor who wants it & promised a 4 to 6 week turnaround which we can’t do -however I did have a fallback house to view which is a bit more so I am viewing that tomorrow morning! Swings & roundabouts xx

Elle3

Jun 30, 2016
Fantastic news about the offer Kikki they must be really keen. Shame about the house you had offered on, but maybe you will find something better. Fingers crossed. Lx

Kikki21

Feb 27, 2016
East Midlands
I’m quite philosophical about the house I got gazumped on. I did really like it but I must admit I liked the potential of it more than the actual house itself!
Although the location of it was lovely. There was another house in the same area but it was on an actual green & we need driveway access. Although I will see if it still available & if there is an access point as surely there must be when you move in/out/new furniture?!
I have lined up 2 houses to view tomorrow & then seen another one tonight so it could be one of these that we decide on but hopefully we will be in a stronger position. I think a lot of the houses I am looking at are chain free too.

The 4 valuations on the bungalow were all between £190k to £200k so I plumped for £195k as it is straight down the middle but I am more than happy with a £193k offer. The potential buyers do want another viewing but they are saying they will put in an official offer so I said if they do so - we will shut it down to any further viewings & work towards as fast a turnaround as we can.

I don’t mind finding a house I can add value to but I will want it sorting as much as possible before I move in as then things ma not get done! I do have a contractor in mind as he has worked on a lot of houses around this area ( a landlady hires him to do a lot of her rentals) & his work is really good so then things get exciting.

Kikki21

Feb 27, 2016
East Midlands
So yes my mum’s house officially got an offer & is officially sold subject to contract within 1 day!
The buyers are lovely & I couldn’t be happier selling the house to them.

It’s not quite straightforward but their son wants to buy their house & they are happy to sell it to him & he has everything in place to buy but he needs to sell his house.
His house is in the area we want to buy in so we will view it - it is over my budget at the moment but if we like it then we could offer at a lower price. It would be really strange if his house is the one we want but it would also make life a lot easier. We shall see.

We viewed 3 houses today & I liked the last house the best bit it is also a probate sale & it’s the same estate agent as the one selling my mum’s bungalow. It needs everything doing to it though. New ceiling decor, new flooring, re wiring, plastering maybe, new kitchen, new bathroom plus then any added bits! But the price is very good. I have to do my sims & I have asked a contractor that I know who does up these houses for a landlady if he could view it with us & give me a quote.

silversea2020

May 12, 2019
Hope things work out as you want & sound very promising - it’ll be a huge relief I’m sure when things are eventually finalised - It’s a very difficult path when having to sort so many things out - I can empathise there, that’s for sure. Fingers all crossed for you

Kikki21

Feb 27, 2016
East Midlands
Hope things work out as you want & sound very promising - it’ll be a huge relief I’m sure when things are eventually finalised - It’s a very difficult path when having to sort so many things out - I can empathise there, that’s for sure. Fingers all crossed for you

Thank you - things are a bit manic at the moment but we are trying to enjoy this process. I’ve not purchased a house for a long time but I know last time I did, I maybe viewed 5 houses & I kept looking at the house online that I liked & I have the same thing for this house. I saw 2 houses today & these were not wrecks but both had issues.
So I have put in an offer for the house I like. Fingers crossed!

Kikki21

Feb 27, 2016
East Midlands
I’m still waiting to see if my offer will be accepted. It’s a nervous wait but we have another house to see later today. It looks nice but looks can be deceiving.
The 2 houses I looked at the other day were kind of like that. The first house was great downstairs but because it was gable ended then it was an awkward layout upstairs - resulting in a very small bathroom.
I think the only answer would be to move the bathroom into the existing bedroom next to it & swap them round.

Kikki21

Feb 27, 2016
East Midlands
And that’s if it is possible to do but do I like the house enough? Mmm! The other house was the house of the son whose mother is buying the bungalow.
I could see why his house wasn’t selling. The layout isn’t the best. They made the lounge & dining room one big room but in doing so the kitchen layout is quite small. You could extend it but that would mean more money spending on it plus the garden out back was very small. It will sell but I think it will be at a reduced price then what it is on at now.
The son wants to buy his parents house & he has his finances in place but he also needs to sell his house. So to that end, his parents put their place back on the market & have viewings today. To be honest, i’m not too worried about that as probate has to go through but of course I don’t want that to affect the buying of a house for me!

Kikki21

Feb 27, 2016
East Midlands
Morning all!
Well things are progressing. The executor has done the probate forms online & sent off the forms. Hopefully he has done it all correctly. For some reason, the bank had not released the other money in my mum’s accounts - that’s cleared up now so he should be having that this week.
Then the bank has paid for the funeral twice so the Coop are refunding it back. It’s all go.

My house search is not going well. The renovation house has had another offer on it which it looks like will be accepted as the buyer is a cash buyer & able to move quicker than myself. I saw someone else offered on it on my app so now I have put in a higher offer. It doesn’t sound hopeful though.

To that end, I went back to another renovation project house for a 2nd viewing. We could make it work & perhaps I should put in an offer but I am not sure about it cost wise. It needs a lot more work in the kitchen & bathroom so it would depend on the offer price accepted.

Which leads us back to the house diagonally opposite ours! It is on offer for £130k, this is significant as the house opposite that one on the other side of the road is on offer at £150k! I’m going to arrange a viewing on the £130k. I’m not sure the layout works - seems a bit strange but let’s have a viewing.

lis66

Aug 7, 2015
Hi Nikki 21 hope you are doing ok ,since your mum passed,you certainly have been very busy with lots to contend to ,fingers crossed you get the house you want xx

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sharonmatthews1976