Goodbye and Hello

annielou

Sep 27, 2019
Yorkshire
That is a good point @Bikerbeth if you enjoy chatting to Mary too then that's not a bad thing if you stay and chat too. I used to enjoy talking to mums carer when she came too. I also enjoyed seeing my mum happy chatting to her, it was nice to see her happy. Your mum wouldn't know Mary without you @Woo2 so well done on finding her. Hope she has been ok tonight and isn't up too early in the morning ?

Woo2

Apr 30, 2019
South East
Thanks @annielou :) She was really tired and could barely keep her eyes open and trotted off to bed at 8pm, she was up early again but hubby dealt with it while I rolled over for a change? but now it’s the dog jumping at the door for her breakfast so I’m up now and waiting, you watch she won’t get up until 9 ish ? .

Bikerbeth

Feb 11, 2019
Bedford
Good on Mr Woo2 to give you a break this morning and a few minutes extra in bed.
Hope the ‘look’ will have gone and the day will be sunny in all ways

Woo2

Apr 30, 2019
South East
? Hmm that is extremely wishful thinking @Bikerbeth but I will take it . Same to you too . Hope you have a nice bike ride planned ? Have you got your new one yet ?

Bikerbeth

Feb 11, 2019
Bedford
? Hmm that is extremely wishful thinking @Bikerbeth but I will take it . Same to you too . Hope you have a nice bike ride planned ? Have you got your new one yet ?
In Lincolnshire at the moment in camper with bikes so been on some nice routes. I pick up new one next week. CBF68AD3-70B2-46A9-8EFC-CDF44E0D153A.jpeg
EC05E090-C4F6-4F5A-A5B9-92FA3E63EE5D.jpeg

Sarasa

Volunteer Host
Apr 13, 2018
Nottinghamshire
I’m having a quiet weekend as husband has gone to see his mum. All his siblings will be there to celebrate younger sister’s birthday. I thought it best if I didn’t add to the numbers. I’m knitting and watching the Tour de France. Hope bench looks good when you’ve finished.

Woo2

Apr 30, 2019
South East
Sounds like a perfect weekend ? ? Only thing that would make it better for me is a glass of wine or a G & T ! It looks better already, a lovely wooden bench painted chocolate brown:rolleyes: now taken back to its original colour then it will be varnished. If I knew how to I would post a picture of it . Enjoy your knitting and cycling .

Bikerbeth

Feb 11, 2019
Bedford
Sounds like a perfect weekend ? ? Only thing that would make it better for me is a glass of wine or a G & T ! It looks better already, a lovely wooden bench painted chocolate brown:rolleyes: now taken back to its original colour then it will be varnished. If I knew how to I would post a picture of it . Enjoy your knitting and cycling .
I use phone or tablet on here. So take picture on one of those and then begin post and click on the icon above that look a bit like a picture before the smiley face then it asks you where you want to get it from. Click on that and add as thumbnail or picture I think. If I can do it I am sure you can:). You should be well pleased with yourself. I like making things look better.

Woo2

Apr 30, 2019
South East
Something is happening , I don’t know what but Mum has deteriorated overnight , she is like a zombie , can’t answer questions , taking about 5 minutes to get an answer , she is massively confused and looks deeply troubled , she says she is ok . Just taken her some cheese on toast and a coffee in to her room and have come to hide in garage as the tears are flowing , my mum is slipping away from me and I can’t stop it, feels like she is in a fast flowing river and I just can’t reach her . Do I test her urine to see if it’s that ?! I thought her ear is blocked as she keeps looking out the window when I speak to her when I am the other side , have put olive oil in last couple of days but I don’t think it’s her hearing I think it’s her brain not processing . I am a strong person and I’m not one to cry much but it’s like a punch to the stomach , I feel floored and flailing , trying to focus on her fully but I feel sidetracked by this b@@@@y court case . Should I be calling someone , MH, GP ? Or just see how things go for a couple of days ?

Sarasa

Volunteer Host
Apr 13, 2018
Nottinghamshire
I'm sorry @Woo. It sounds worth checking if it is UTI, if you have some strips, but if you are concerned maybe call 111. You don't think she could have had a TIA?
What do the rest of your family think?

anxious annie

Jan 2, 2019
IT does sound as if it could be a UTI as it's come on so quickly. Yes, I'd get urine tested. I'd go with my gut feeling as to whether I contacted GP, but err on the side of caution. Sometimes things just get on top of us , crying is a release so don't try to stop yourself. Sending hugs X

Woo2

Apr 30, 2019
South East
Thank you all for the replies @Starting on a journey @Sarasa @anxious annie , I am going to call Gp mon to check her ear , I have strips so will check urine tom , I just went in and she is crying silently in bed ? helped her get pyjamas on and dog got on her bed and licked her hand and that made her smile and laugh, she adores the dog , she gets more reaction than us humans ! I told her I love her lots In her bad ear though , stroked her hair and left her to sleep .i am a complete wreck now . Hubby thinks it’s her hearing and that she is so tired from Day centre ,and new carer but when she is here if I leave her for than 5 minutes to do a job she goes straight to bed so at least she is awake and amused at club , he thinks it maybe too much stimulation but as he says he doesn’t know enough about Dementia so he could be wrong . It has been brewing for a few days but def a lot worse today , she is so slow at answering but that could be hearing . She has a cyst deep within her brain , it hasn’t changed size at all but it is pushing on brain and could be exacerbating things . TIA I don’t know , maybe . Im not sure I’m wise to get her up now , maybe I should leave her to sleep , I’m scared of not doing enough and scared to panic and over dramatize things and make things worse . Thanks everyone , much appreciated??

annielou

Sep 27, 2019
Yorkshire
Oh bless @Woo2 no wonder you want to cry I would. ? ? ? Poor mum and poor you. It's so hard to know what to do and when to panic. It could be an ear or urine infection making mum tireder and more confused. Also could be the stimulation of DC, I know you talked about whether to drop a day or not before, its hard to know as also think DC is good for her to get out too. She has been sleeping more recently so could be progression, but could have been an infection brewing. Has she got a temperature which might indicate an infection too?
Ear blockages can make you feel dizzy and sicky and disorientated as they affect your balance so it could be that. Its so hard to know when to call DRs. I'd say definately call on Monday if not lots better and 111 before if really worried or gets worse.
Is the dementia helpline or admiral nurses numbers open on a weekend? Could you ring them for advice?
Sending you and your mum lots of love and hope she feels better and a blob of wax drops out of her ear soon and that's all it is.

Woo2

Apr 30, 2019
South East
She is def sleeping more @annielou , it’s not that that has upset me it’s the troubled look on her face and the answer’s taking so long , there is really such a long gap in answering , even yesterday when she couldn’t hear she was answering when I shouted at her , today she heard me knock on her door ok but took so long to reply to my question’s , when I ask her is she is ok, in pain , need anything she just looks in to space . I have pulled myself together a bit and have watched a film but can feel the tears are bubbling under the surface , it really isn’t me to cry . I think maybe its because I can see that she is going to need more than I give her very soon or maybe it’s something else , I just know I feel completely adrift . Appreciate the hugs thank you so much ? Will see how she is in the morning , I really don’t want her to have to go to hospital unless absolutely necessary.

Sarasa

Volunteer Host
Apr 13, 2018
Nottinghamshire
Do you think it’s an ear infection or that her hearing has got worse for some reason? Does she wear hearing aids, because if she does they might need adjusting. Maybe tap her on the shoulder and make sure she can see your lips when you talk. I can’t lip read as such but searing peoples mouths helps me understand what they are saying. If it is an ear infection they can jolly well hurt.