Goodbye and Hello

Bikerbeth

Feb 11, 2019
Bedford
Sorry to hear you a feeling a bit down, the lockdown certainly does not help matters. Now the house has has been decorated I keep trying to keep it clean, there is only 2 of us but it seems to get dusty quickly so I blame the farm land around us. I am also spending time in the garden squishing aphids etc and tidyI guess up other areas. Spuds and onions growing well. Getting there slowly. Mum managed to totally confuse brother on the phone the other day saying I was going abroad and I had left some old cards with her and a note she did not understand. It must have been bad as he actually text me to check. Meanwhile I am still waiting for him to reply to an email I sent to him 2 weeks ago that I needed his input on. End on Moan.
hope you have a lovely Sunday?

Woo2

Apr 30, 2019
South East
Funny how they can reply when it suits but not other times ! Hope you get a response soon . Sounds like you have been busy , I haven’t done much in the garden as it’s been too hot, hubby has been busy out there though all day . Our potatoes are flowering now so quite excited to harvest them in a few weeks . Thank you , you too .

Woo2

Apr 30, 2019
South East
Funny few days , today I coloured mums hair , it was really grey. I was tempted to leave it but mum always like her hairs looking nice . Our hairdresser kindly dropped off colour and instructions yesterday . Spend the afternoon gardening and mum was watching , then I managed to coerce her into walking down garden to see new plants flowering , she stopped to see daughter and hubby in the pool but looked distant and disappeared back indoors and to her room, she came out just before dinner , asked if she was ok and replied yes fine happily , then in a blink of an eye she was up and heading down hall to her room , asked is she was ok again, completely blanked me so I shouted “mum are you ok “ got a very snappy WHAT ! and carried on to her room and shut door . Have left her to it tonight , she will sleep as she always does when she is confused , angry , tired . Tomorrow is another day .

annielou

Sep 27, 2019
Yorkshire
Oh dear thats not good, seems like today is confused and upset mum day. Wonder if she couldn't think who hubby and daughter were in pool or thought they were having fun without her or something? It's hard to know what upsets or confuses them. Shame she got snappy after she came back out, I don't know what happens to switch like that, it is really is odd isn't it. I hope Your mum has good sleep and wakes up feeling better tomorrow and it last all day and evening ? ?

Bikerbeth

Feb 11, 2019
Bedford
I think that was nice of you to colour your Mum’s hair. If she is happy for you to do it that is good. Mum still seems to like having her hair done. My colour has been coming out of a bottle for years now!
At least your Mum got some fresh air but sorry to hear that she got agitated later, i guess if she heads off to her room when it all becomes too much that is the best thing for the rest of the family though.
I hope you have a tranquil today with no huffing and puffing

Woo2

Apr 30, 2019
South East
I think that was nice of you to colour your Mum’s hair. If she is happy for you to do it that is good. Mum still seems to like having her hair done. My colour has been coming out of a bottle for years now!
At least your Mum got some fresh air but sorry to hear that she got agitated later, i guess if she heads off to her room when it all becomes too much that is the best thing for the rest of the family though.
I hope you have a tranquil today with no huffing and puffing
Mine too ? Will be doing mine later . It seems quite mean to say but the four of us sat and chatted for a while and it was nice . She came out earlier dressed , but had being doing the Hokey Cokey in and out of her room if I’m not there to greet her immediately , going to be a loooong day . Have a good day . X

Bikerbeth

Feb 11, 2019
Bedford
Mine too ? Will be doing mine later . It seems quite mean to say but the four of us sat and chatted for a while and it was nice . She came out earlier dressed , but had being doing the Hokey Cokey in and out of her room if I’m not there to greet her immediately , going to be a loooong day . Have a good day . X
It is not mean at all. If you only had the children living there I am sure there are times that you just wanted it to be you and hubby. So no different and in her own way your Mum made her own choice and was fine and safe.

Woo2

Apr 30, 2019
South East
Wise words @Bikerbeth , thank you ? . We can see clearly at others situations but when it’s your own you are just full of self doubt and guilt. Thanks again . X

Woo2

Apr 30, 2019
South East
You always have wise words here ? .
Mmm a little huff & puff but overall ok,got the ice cream out at 5pm then cake at 8pm ! She was up early before 6am so it doesn’t bode particularly well but I could be completely wrong and it’s an ok day . Hope you have a good day . X

Woo2

Apr 30, 2019
South East
Sometimes , very hit and miss . She looks so tired most of the time now . I’m wondering if she is constipated so extra prunes on her daily fruit n fibre . Sorry prob too much information !

annielou

Sep 27, 2019
Yorkshire
Hope today is a good one and the hokey cokey from yesterday isn’t repeated today ?as Wise @Bikerbeth said Nothing wrong with enjoying a bit of time just the four of you and mum was safe and chose to go to room. ?
ps. ?good luck with the prunes

Woo2

Apr 30, 2019
South East
Funny day , mum was up in the early hours , think she has upset tummy , she had breakfast and several cups of tea with no negative effect , normal day but she was getting twitchy and eventually I stopped talking to her and she dropped off at 2pm for a couple of hours , she was most definitely a little huff and puffy on waking so I was keeping things relaxed , she picked up and ate a banana just as I was dishing up dinner but said oh don’t worry I will eat it all. She now eats what’s nearest her then works way round , she has never done this before , she will eat all of one item then the next and so on. She started getting fidgety almost anxious about 7pm so gave her ice cream , worked short term then up and down , pacing , wandering and then came and stood next to me and asked for a hug , told her of course and she doesn’t need to ask , while cuddling her she started to cry which she seems to do whenever I cuddle her , she said she was ok, sat back down with a cup of tea and was ok for half hour , then came back over to me and motioned for me to follow her in to hall where she proceeded to tell me “it’s inside of me , I should of told you earlier , I was the one who bought it in , kept tapping her chest , asked her if it was phlegm , she was vehemently shaking her head and made a circle sign with her hands , so I said coronavirus , yes yes she says ,she said she has this lump under her eye ,( it’s a knat bite) told her she hasn’t been anywhere to get it , nor have we but she was adamant so I told her she had no underlying health problems so it will pass off ok and she only has a mild dose , she was quite hot so gave her 2 paracetamol and put fan on and she seemed absolutely fine after , trotted off to bed about an hour ago . Will check her temp tom as didn’t want to alarm her anymore tonight . Will also try the almost impossible task of getting a urine sample and dropping to surgery for testing , going to use the cling film method as no other way works in the hope one time in the day she won’t flush it .

annielou

Sep 27, 2019
Yorkshire
Oh dear your poor mum does sound out of sorts. Hope you manage to get the sample. ? It must be upsetting for you seeing her cry and upset wanting a cuddle ? Sounds like got worry in her mind bout virus which is a shame but impossible to avoid at moment isn’t it. I hope she isn’t thinking about it today ? and things are better for you both x

Woo2

Apr 30, 2019
South East
Thanks @annielou , she was up in the early hours again but went back to bed and got up just before 8am, had breakfast but seems ok ish , I was going to say confused but she is that most days . Hope you have a an ok day too ? X

Bikerbeth

Feb 11, 2019
Bedford
Poor Mum - being confused and thinking she had given you s as ll the virus.
Strange Mum - never heard that one about the food for PWD
Nice Mum - must be nice being asked for a hug (just sorry she was upset after)

how was your Mum today? I hope she was feeling better. I think the heat is getting to everyone a bit at the moment

Woo2

Apr 30, 2019
South East
She had a complete meltdown huff & puff....I presume because I left her for half hour as I had to go to chemist to get her prescription, )youngest sat with her but she got the face on apparently , when I got back she blanked me , I tried offering tea, biscuits , to no avail so she stomped off to room but kept coming out glaring at me while I smiled then going back to room , asked if she wanted to help me make salad for dinner ... just shook her head. Left her while did dinner and youngest came out and said nan looked upset so I gave her a cuddle , still had face on though and said “I have upset you “ ?said no mum you haven’t I’m fine , off she stomped again to her chair, I didn’t ask again but made her a drink and took it to her and then just picked up her hand and held it , she didn’t know what was wrong so I just said oh you prob just having a fed up half hour don’t worry about it . All ok , had dinner and settled , she has done her usual nightly thing of staring at me constantly , just said I’m going to bed and she says she is staying up as in America :rolleyes: Left her there but hubby just came in from homeless snails hunt and she has gone to her room . Hope she doesn’t get up in the early hours again tonight as I’m really tired .