Goodbye and Hello

annielou

Sep 27, 2019
Yorkshire
Sounds like some ups and some downs @Woo2 . Its good your mums getting dressed and trying to shower again and there's fewer toilet incidents, but not good about the toilet paper, touchiness and sleeping. Things are always changing aren't they, as one thing gets a bit better something else goes off downhill. Seems like your mums night and day times are getting a bit mixed up, not sure what you can do about that, don't know if there's any way of resetting sleeping times or encouraging her back to old bed times :( Mum went through a stage when I was staying with her of nodding on and off for couple of hours and then waking up and wanting to stay up late when I was desperate to go to bed. I hope your mum gets back in a better night time sleep rhythm soon ? Go for the drive or walk if you can, or at least hide down the garden for a little bit, you certainly deserve a break as you try so hard and look after your mum so well
?? for you and I hope tomorrow is a better day ?x

Woo2

Apr 30, 2019
South East
Thank you @annielou ? You are so kind . I fell asleep so only just seen your reply . She is in bed still so that’s a good start , daughters birthday today so a good day is guaranteed ! Hope your day goes ok too;).

Bikerbeth

Feb 11, 2019
Bedford
Belated birthday wishes to your daughter. I hope the rest of the day was as good as the morning.
Pleased to hear that you have been managing to get your Mum out of her night attire. Well done you.
hopefully you will manage to get ‘Mum’ into a regular sleep pattern but it does seem to be an issue with PWD - I am afraid I have no advise on that one.
Not a fan of radishes but I now have no time for those ‘homeless snails’ after they killed off half of my broccoli plants. I am also not full scale war with the caterpillars on the gooseberry bushes. I have removed 20 in the last 2 days.
I hope you Have managed to have that drive or walk with the dog. Perhaps if it is a nice day today perhaps your Mum could enjoy the sunshine in the garden with hubby supervising whilst you escape for a little ‘me’ time

Woo2

Apr 30, 2019
South East
We have had an ok few days so obviously I was overdue some harder times. Mum was a bit touchy yesterday afternoon so she had a sleep from 3.30pm until 5pm ish. Didn’t seem to be in a rush to go to bed last night so I went first at 11pm and she followed , didn’t get up until 10am and I was out gardening , made her tea as usual and she read her paper , she sat in garden while I carried on, asked her frequently if she wanted to watch tv, do a puzzle , go indoors , no I’m quite happy thanks . Then it’s like a switch about 3.30-4pm the sundowning kicks in ! She sat at table with me in garden with a coffee then gets up with a stony face , wanders up and down hall then goes to bathroom , after a few minutes I go in and she is in her room with door shut, check bathroom , we all over floor and used toilet paper in sink , cleaned it up , knock on her door to ask if she would like dinner now , she ignored me, knocked loud and a get a “WHAT “ said in a grumpy way , ask again if ready for dinner , no answer .... I walk away she comes out in hallway then straight back in room , gave it a few minutes then tried again, no answer again so I have given up , came to hide out in conservatory with a large glass of wine and a book . Her door is ajar now but I just can’t summon up the enthusiasm to paint on a happy smile so I’m hiding out for a while , feel really rotten but I am tired and perhaps a bit grumpy too . Oh well tom is another day .

annielou

Sep 27, 2019
Yorkshire
Oh dear I hope things improve this evening and I hope you get to finish your wine in peace ? and also hope when mum comes out she’s in better mood. Its so very frustrating when they flip isn’t it.
Mum was moaning about my sister not ringing her this afternoon, she’d already moaned about it a few times earlier and I’d reminded her she’d rung saturday, she’d be ok for bit then moan again. This time I told her again sis rang on saturday and then mum shouted back at me No she didn’t! and looked at me like poo on her shoe so I said Don’t shout at me mum. I didn’t shout just said it at normal volume but I said it firmly, she looked a bit shocked then she said sorry and went quiet for a few minutes. She did go back to it later but it stopped her shouting at me for a bit. I’ve said it in past when she has just shouted at me out of nowhere and sometimes its had same effect and others had no effect, but I just thought there was no need to shout and snap so I’d tell her.
Sorry about the toilet incident ? does she do it more when she is het up and in a mood than other times do you think, or is it spaced out anytime? Just wondered if they were connected somehow
??

Woo2

Apr 30, 2019
South East
Wine almost gone ? Dog on sofa with me , Ed Sheehan cd on , book in hand, still hiding? she hasn’t come out her room yet apparently . She used to do this a lot so it isn’t something new, she had stayed in her room for 4 days before (when lived with dad ) . I’m sorry for you, I can cope with moods most of the time but today I was tired so it hurt, I usually shrug it off. It is draining for sure .? Hope you have a nice evening . X

annielou

Sep 27, 2019
Yorkshire
I think your a blooming saint the way you are with your mum and deserve a medal? or a lot of wine ??? and a hug ? It still hurts though, even though you are so good at shrugging it off and dealing with it, so good on you for having glass of wine and a sit down with book and Ed, I hope it's relaxing you some, although not sure we're ever totally relaxed are we but I hope you're quite a way there?.
I used to spend many a happy hour listening to Ed while I was cutting out and sewing at kitchen table. Ed, Olly Murs , Take That, and Rick Astley were my regular sewing cds, can't remember last time I listened to them, I never think to put music on nowadays but I might try to in future when I'm on laptop and hubby is playing game or looking at book. I might give old Ed (well young Ed) a dusting off soon now you've mentioned him.
Hopefully your mum will be in better spirits tomorrow and you'll both have better day ?

Woo2

Apr 30, 2019
South East
Don’t deserve a medal but I’ll take the hug thank you ? . Def more relaxed for a change . I should do it more often but we don’t do we. Love all of those you mentioned , nice easy listening . I have ear plugs things so listen while hubby watches diy programs occasionally when mum goes to bed early. I’m sure mum will wake up happy enough and off we will go again . Have a nice evening , what’s left of it . Thanks again and some back to you ?? x

Bikerbeth

Feb 11, 2019
Bedford
Glad to hear that you got to finish your wine with a book and some music and the dog. That sounds fantastic but due to my age I might swap Ed :D The good things is that you know your Mum is safe (even if sulking/grumpy) in her room So make the most of it.
sorry to hear about the bathroom though it must get so frustrating so I will also present you with a medal
Wishing you a good nights sleep so you are back to your usual @Woo2 self

@annielou - With this talk of music and you mentioning the singing in the car- just a random thought and you might have already tried -if your Mum is sun downing and getting ‘shouty’ would some of your Mum’s favourite music help if you managed to put some on when you see the first signs of her getting agitated. Feel free to ignore
Hope you don’t mind me putting this on your thread @Woo2, it was just thinking of Ed!!!!!!

annielou

Sep 27, 2019
Yorkshire
Glad to hear that you got to finish your wine with a book and some music and the dog. That sounds fantastic but due to my age I might swap Ed :D The good things is that you know your Mum is safe (even if sulking/grumpy) in her room So make the most of it.
sorry to hear about the bathroom though it must get so frustrating so I will also present you with a medal
Wishing you a good nights sleep so you are back to your usual @Woo2 self

@annielou - With this talk of music and you mentioning the singing in the car- just a random thought and you might have already tried -if your Mum is sun downing and getting ‘shouty’ would some of your Mum’s favourite music help if you managed to put some on when you see the first signs of her getting agitated. Feel free to ignore
Hope you don’t mind me putting this on your thread @Woo2, it was just thinking of Ed!!!!!!
It's a good idea @Bikerbeth but unfortunately mums not really a music person and doesn't like having it on in house in case neighbours hear it :rolleyes: Apparently one week one of carers talked about music with mum and played some music on her phone and mum sang along (read it in report they write) I was quite surprised as mum wouldn't even let me put some music on while I painted last time and that used to be one of times she did play it. I was surprised when she sang in car and didn't tell me to turn it off the other day, but maybe a different approach might work, I'll have a think see if can think of a way to try it sometime X

Glad you're feeling more relaxed @Woo2 and I stand by the medal ? I like music thats easy to listen to and sing along to. I've been to see Olly Murs a few times and he just makes me smile, seen Take That once and Rick Astley was support act, was an amazing show, we wanted to book to see Rick this april but didn't because of mum and then it was cancelled anyway, never seen Ed, would love to, but he only does big stadiums and I like to sit inside for my concerts not be outside risking weather lol.

Last edited:

Woo2

Apr 30, 2019
South East
Thank you both ? You make me feel brighter , @Bikerbeth you are only young aren’t you ?! I’m in to lots of different music , like a lot of 60’s , jazz, country etc .
of course I don’t mind?, that is a good idea , we have radio on all day until tipping point comes on. Mum will sing along to the older ones .

Woo2

Apr 30, 2019
South East
Hi @Bikerbeth , how are you doing ? ? An ok ish week here , just feeling a little down last few days so only been lurking . Hope you are doing ok . My veg are doing well so that’s a bonus , though last night the homeless slugs almost obliterated my 3 biggest cabbages:mad: hubby is out there again now on patrol .

annielou

Sep 27, 2019
Yorkshire
Hope you feel bit brighter soon @Woo2 x Is it something specific made you feel low or more a build up of caring and worrying? Sorry not much I can offer but a virtual hug ?
How dare those slugs eat your cabbages ? horrible devils hope hubby gave them what for. ???

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sarah R