Goodbye and Hello

Woo2

Apr 30, 2019
South East
Hi @annielou ,nope not today , I got so engrossed in housework and ironing that time ran away. It’s too cold out now so tomorrow I’m planning to go for an hour ? . Been an ok day , have tried really hard to be happier and it seems to have worked , Mum did go to her room when I cooked dinner but soon came out again . All ok so far . How has your day been ? Will read your post once you have done it ?.

Lynmax

Nov 1, 2016
image.jpeg

This is a photo of a baby blanket I finished today - crocheted. At the rate I am completing them while in lockdown, I'll have a huge pile to give away when it's over! I sell some on my WI sale table for £8 just to cover the cost of the wool and then donate the money to the charity we support.

Woo2

Apr 30, 2019
South East
That is brilliant @Lynmax , such a great thing to do .i reckon you will have a fair few done . My daughter was in special care for 6 weeks and we bought knitted cardigans and hats from there that some lovely ladies had made and donated. as she was so tiny they were the only thing that fitted her .

annielou

Sep 27, 2019
Yorkshire
Shame you didn't get out today, make sure you try to go out or do something else on your own tomorrow x My days been up and down, just wrote epic post AGAIN :rolleyes: Started it earlier but kept doing other things online and coming back to it so took ages.
Love that blanket @Lynmax ? wish I could crochet.

Woo2

Apr 30, 2019
South East
I am determined to go out today @annielou ? I wished I could knit properly so not even thinking about crocheting, it’s a little trickier isn't it ? Hope today is better for you. X

Bikerbeth

Feb 11, 2019
Bedford
Enjoy your walk today @Woo2 especially as you have a full hour. I don’t think I could ever get ‘engrossed’ but I might be determined to finish :) Glad you had an o.k.day
I can do basic crochet squares but can’t do any knitting. Maybe I should get some knitting needles, basic pattern and a you tube video.
I like the blanket @Lynmax - what a lovely idea
@annielou I have not read your post yet but I hope you have a better day today and sending hugs. Right must get on and out into the garden as the sun is shining

Woo2

Apr 30, 2019
South East
Thanks @Bikerbeth , it was lovely and sunny earlier but grey now . I’m feeling inspired to learn a new skill , out daughter is giving us a new word in Spanish every day to learn . Keeping the grey matter going a little . Have a good day all.

annielou

Sep 27, 2019
Yorkshire
Thanks @Bikerbeth , it was lovely and sunny earlier but grey now . I’m feeling inspired to learn a new skill , out daughter is giving us a new word in Spanish every day to learn . Keeping the grey matter going a little . Have a good day all.
A topical one at moment and one of the few things I remember from a term of spanish 30+ years ago is 'papel higienico'
I think it sounds lovely and it came in handy on our one holiday abroad years ago when I had to ask cleaning staff in our hotel for some. She didn't understand my english but when I said Paper higienico she grinned and gave me a roll. ?

Bikerbeth

Feb 11, 2019
Bedford
My friend is using duolingo (free) and says it is excellent as she is now able after 40 years great her in-laws and associated other relatives in Flemish.
I am sure there are other free language learning apps around.
Good on your daughter @Woo2 on getting the whole family involved

Woo2

Apr 30, 2019
South East
Very current @annielou , have taken that one in board ... thank you . Ooh I will have a look at that @Bikerbeth thanks . I am chuffed to little mint balls ? ☺ I just went online and watched a video and I can now cast on and off ! I couldn’t do either 10 minutes ago , next step learning purl . Mum mean time is in a huff and puff mood so gave her my knitting as she didn’t like her needles and she has somehow managed to pout it all off again , it’s so weird because one she starts it all comes back to her and she knits so quick but she seems to be getting frustrated . I don't care know because I can cast on again?. Ridiculously happy at mastering such a trivial thing.

annielou

Sep 27, 2019
Yorkshire
Thats brill @Woo2 ? ? Well done. I'm chuffed to little mint balls for you ?Shame about mum keep pulling it out but least you can cast it back on now. Good luck with purl stitch?

Woo2

Apr 30, 2019
South East
Crikey predictive text had a field day with that last message :rolleyes: Thanks @annielou, it’s daft but I am happy . Yes I am going to cast on again for her then leave her be . If she wants to do it she can if not I won’t push . When I cleared her house out all her knitting and crocheting was up in the loft so she had already given up on it years ago . I just hoped I could gently get her back in to it . Hope you are home and doing your own thing now .

Bikerbeth

Feb 11, 2019
Bedford
Very current @annielou , have taken that one in board ... thank you . Ooh I will have a look at that @Bikerbeth Mum mean time is in a huff and puff mood so gave her my knitting as she didn’t like her needles and she has somehow managed to pout it all off again ,.........
:D That really made me laugh that she was able to pout it all off. This huff and puff mood must be very powerful!
Well done on the fast learning and glad you are happy

Woo2

Apr 30, 2019
South East
Ha ha , that made me smile . The h & p mood didn’t last too long . I did get out last night with hubby for about 20 minutes and it was nice thanks .

Woo2

Apr 30, 2019
South East
Ok day yesterday and today , had the odd toilet paper on bath but on the whole they are going in the bin or in toilet ? . Mum seems bit brighter but could that be because I have been happier ...maybe . We do laugh as mum very rarely gets full up, if I give hubby any extra’s from dinner she glares at him so I always offer her seconds , her eyes light up, it’s a running joke here that you don't need to ask Nan if she wants , cake, biscuits, chocolate , more dinner , fruit well anything really .

annielou

Sep 27, 2019
Yorkshire
Glad your days been ok @Woo2 x
That made me smile about your mum and food ? My sister used to have a bottomless stomach when we were growing up, we used to call her the human dustbin. It came in handy for me as I didn't really like food much as a kid and struggled to eat most of my meals so sis used to finish them off for me. Mind you sometimes she'd also take things I liked and say you won't be finishing that will you I'll eat it for you, but mostly it worked in my favour. I was a skinny kid but not a skinny adult so I could do with her finishing my meals off for me now lol

Woo2

Apr 30, 2019
South East
Oh , my eldest does that to youngest , she swipes stuff of her plate before she has even finished . I was never skinny and I never will be . We all love our food too much .

Woo2

Apr 30, 2019
South East
Had an ok day again yesterday . Mum happy enough , sat in the garden with us . I just looked at her out the corner of my eye and I had to come in, felt an overwhelming sadness , she looked so vulnerable and lost , I could of easily balled my eyes out as the injustice of it , losing dad , her home , her future life , while mum in law is painting , gardening , cooking etc . Decided the best thing I can do is to not get irritated and try to be as happy as I can . It’s the least she deserves as she is so calm and happy most of the time , Onwards and upwards . She has had breakfast , sitting in the sun again and hubby making her giggle like a child . All is fine just now . Thinking of others, having a very difficult time and being separated from their loved ones .