1. Wendy C

Wendy C Registered User

Jan 29, 2012
    West Midlands
    Had a really good visit yesterday with Mom. Not sleepy and plenty of smiles. These are the visits to cherish as they don't happen very often. :)

2. Cat27

Cat27 Volunteer Moderator

Feb 27, 2015
    Merseyside
    That's lovely Wendy :) I hope you have many more.

3. fizzbomb

fizzbomb Registered User

May 10, 2014
    lancashire
    indeed they are the times to cherish. I am really pleased for you, and I hope you have more to come.With Alzheimer's, we take the happy when we can get it, don't we.

4. Babymare01

Babymare01 Registered User

Apr 22, 2015
    Hello there - really made up for you and yes those visits are the ones we need to hang on to on the bad days :) xxx

5. Wendy C

Wendy C Registered User

Jan 29, 2012
    West Midlands
    Went again today and another good visit. Apparently on Saturday she was singing along to Happy Birthday when they were all singing it. Amazing as she has not spoken since June. Mandy one of the carers said it was very emotional to see her singing. They sang it again just to watch mom singing. Wish I had been there. :)

6. fizzbomb

fizzbomb Registered User

May 10, 2014
    lancashire
    Aw that's so lovely it has almost brought me to tears. I know you must have been wishing so much that you had seen it, but at least you know it happened. I'm so pleased you are having good visits. I'm on the train now travelling up for a care review meeting tomorrow and a visit with my mam in her ch. Its all so unknown, this illness. From one visit to the next.
    . Maybe it may be worth you singing happy birthday to her, or another song you think she would like? She may join in? Good luck with your visits and I hope the trend continues

7. Wendy C

Wendy C Registered User

Jan 29, 2012
    West Midlands
    Thank you. Having not heard mom say a word for about 3-4 months this was such a shock. I did think of singing to her, but I have the most awful voice and the room she was in was quite full today. Hope your meeting goes well tomorrow. As you say visits are unknown from one visit to the next. We are having good visits at the moment but two weeks ago the visits were so sad. This is one very cruel disease. :)