Good to be here for support! Happy Easter to all

Annie313

Mar 16, 2020
Hi, I would be most grateful for the best ideas or advice to be able to track my dear sister in law, who walks many miles a day sadly she got lost today and there was no body around to ask where she was.
she has a mobile phone and is able to ring my brother but can not describe or explain her Her whereabouts. thanks Annie313

Bunpoots

Volunteer Host
Apr 1, 2016
Nottinghamshire
Welcome to Dementia Talking Point @Annie313

I’m not particularly good with tech but from what I understand it’s possible to track someone on their smartphone if that’s what your SIL has.

marionq

Apr 24, 2013
Scotland
At the time I had a tracker for my husband I didn’t own a smart phone but my daughter did. The smart phone is by far the best solution and it doesn’t need to be the latest one. If anyone is upgrading they could give you the old one. I put Johns mobile in a holder on a lanyard round his neck. Unfortunately like all solutions for dementia it only works short term. Once people start wandering they either have to go into care or someone must be with them 24/7. I did the latter and it was hard going at times.

Annie313

Mar 16, 2020
Hi Marlong,
thank you for your reply and advice, it seems so sad that these solutions don’t work out for too long.
our loved ones seem so happy to go out for their walks and seem to have developed. some sort of routine that leave the partner carer with such worries.
thank you again so kind of you
love Annie

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Seabream