Good to be back.

paris07

Jul 11, 2007
australia
Hi All,
Well its been 4 weeks since my knee surgery,all went very well,I am pleased I got both knees done together as I would not be going back.I am walking on crutches slowly and glad its all over.
My mum is still in respite I talk to her twice a week on the phone she gets very upset at first but settles after I tell her she is coming home on the 22nd February. I have really been lucky to have so many good friends that have been visiting Mum often and telling me she is doing well.Hubby has had time off work to look after me and this will continue when mum comes home for a couple of weeks.
I hope everyone at TP are well and coping with the day to day stresses that caring for loved ones brings.
Best Wishes
Paris07

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Hello Paris, it`s good to have you back.
It`s even better to hear your surgery was successful and your mother has been OK in respite.
Take care xx

christine_batch

Jul 31, 2007
Buckinghamshire
Hello Paris,
Very please to hear from you.
At last you have had your operation.
So glad that everything went well for your Mum.
Now you can be pampered by hubby .
Very best wishes
Christine

Nell

Aug 9, 2005
Australia
I'm the one who advised against having both knees done, so now I'm very glad to hear it went well! Wonderful news! I am full of admiration for anyone who could have both together, as just one at a time was almost too much for me. Two years down the track, I can say it is a real blessing to have had it done though - nomore agonising pain, and I move really easily!

I'm lucky too in that the other one doesn't need doing yet - will "gird my loins" when the time comes, but am NOT looking forward to it. :(

Congratulations on a good outcome all round. Glad all is well with your Mum too.