Good night, sweetheart, sleep tight

CeliaW

Jan 29, 2009
Hampshire
Sending supportive vibes and hugs through the ether and wishing you a day that goes as you planned and brings you some comfort xx

Loopiloo

May 10, 2010
Scotland
I am late writing tonight but have had you in my thoughts and hoping all went as you wished today Spamar.

Wishing you continuing strength

With love
Loo xxx

count2ten

Dec 13, 2013
Thinking of you and your family tonight and sending lots of love and strength for the days ahead xxxx

Spamar

Oct 5, 2013
Suffolk
Good morning everybody.
I want to say how much you have all helped me to get through the last 10 days. I don't think I would have coped so well without you.
Yesterday went well. The crem was practically full. The coffin, draped in Union flag, was heart stopping. Music great, appropriate. First eulogy, mostly factual, and a joke against me ( I knew it was coming!). 2nd eulogy, funny, but just as OH was, had a lot of people in tears. The Committal, well, that always makes me cry and this was OH!! Last post, finished off most of the rest, my bit, badly over acted, cos that was the only away I could cope, and we rolled out to Take Five.
Caterers were excellent, apart from a bottle of white I found in the freezer! Flowers lovely. I have an deep purple orchid that I have no idea where it came from!
Neighbours rallied round with extra chairs for garden. Cousin did the most marvellous flower arrangement which is on top of the woodburner and absolutely striking.
Even the weather was kind! Sun all day.

All in all, a wonderful send off . He would have been so pleased and a little bemused at it all.

Au revoir to a true gentleman. I can't begin to tell you what you meant to me.

Last edited:

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
What a wonderful send off Spamar. I'm so glad it went asyou wanted it to. Wishing you continued strength.

RedLou

Jul 30, 2014
Spamar, so pleased it went well. Give yourself a huge pat on the back.

Early Girlie

Jul 5, 2015
St Albans
It sounds beautiful, and very moving. I'm so glad it was all that you, and he, would have wished for.

Hoping today will be a time for relaxing and remembering happy times.

Thinking of you.

EG x

2jays

Jun 4, 2010
West Midlands
Sounds like everything went as it should... Even down to the surprise grape juice sorbet... :)

Hugs xxxxxx

Sent from my iPhone using Talking Point

Ann Mac

Oct 17, 2013
So beautiful, Spamar - and I am so glad that the day went so well for you. Well done, hunni - must have been so hard, but you clearly gave him a wonderful send off xxxxxx