Good news, bad news and an odd incident

Kate P

Jul 6, 2007
Merseyside
Hi everyone,

Well the good news is that today I found out that I'd won the appeal against mum's overpayment of salary and they've agreed to take no further action - one less thing for dad to worry about I hope. Plus I feel slightly vindicated after the dreadful way they've been behaving (which probably helped my appeal case).

The bad news is that I got took into hospital on Wednesday because my blood pressure is up and given my past pregnancy history they are concerned.:( All I can do at the moment is take it as easy as possible and ask my TP friends to send me prayers and good thoughts.

The odd incident actually made me laugh. Mum and dad came round the other afternoon and we sat chatting and having tea as usual. Mum sat picking her nose for about 10 minutes.:eek: I kept gesturing at dad to move her hand away but he didn't seem to notice and I didn't think it was really worth making a big deal about. The only problem was anything she found up there she dropped on to my carpet.:eek: It was an odd moment because it's sad that my once so "proper" mother has lost further "social graces". However what did make me laugh is that when I told my hubby about it after they'd gone he really got freaked out and started frantically cleaning up! I'm amazed he knew where the hoover was!!! It would seem my mum has unknowingly stumbled on the best way to get him helping out with the housework!!;)

Skye

Aug 29, 2006
SW Scotland
Hi Kate

First the good news -- great that your battle over your mum's money is over. That must be a huge weight off your mind.

Next the bad news -- please take it easy now. I hope the fright has registered with your dad, and he'll be a bit more careful about the pressure you're under.

As for the odd incident, well, you haven't lost your sense of humour, have you? Good on yer!:)

Of course my thoughts and prayers are with you, they always have been. I didn't do to well this week, but I'll try harder!:)

Love and hugs,

Kate P

Jul 6, 2007
Merseyside
Thanks Hazel.

I feel like it's becoming my new mantra at the moment - I must try harder!!:)

Do you think there's ever a point when you've tried hard enough? My sister keeps asking will we ever reach a point when life is just easy and normal for a while so we can take a breather - I keep telling her I have a bad feeling this is normal!!:rolleyes:

Thanks for the prayers - it means a lot to me.

gigi

Nov 16, 2007
East Midlands
Hello Kate..

Sorry to hear your BP is up..a sure sign you need to rest...

As for picking noses..I've got my son (the one in hospital at the moment..) on video when he was 4..playing Joseph in the nativity play..with his finger up his nose..then the camera scans down to his hand..and his little fingers are rolling something....:eek::D

Look after yourself...

Love gigi xx

Kate P

Jul 6, 2007
Merseyside
Hi Gigi

I think this is why I can laugh about it because my two year old has just discovered her nostrils and every now and again she says "I've got something for you mummy" and lo and behold I get the contents of her nose in my hand!!

This is turning into a bit of a minging thread! Sorry:)

I hope all is going well with you given how much you have on your plate just now.

Skye

Aug 29, 2006
SW Scotland
Do you think there's ever a point when you've tried hard enough?

Kate, your trouble is, you're trying too hard, hence the BP. Please take it easy. That baby means so mch to so many of us, we're all looking forward to the party!:)

My sister keeps asking will we ever reach a point when life is just easy and normal for a while so we can take a breather - I keep telling her I have a bad feeling this is normal!!:rolleyes:

Yes it's normal for you just now, just as it's normal for me just now. But that doesn't mean it's normal for ever.

There will be good times ahead for you and your husband and your children, I promise you. You've got so many worries at the moment, don't ever think this is permanent. Give yourself something to look forward to.

Silly me! You've got something to look forward to!:):):)

Love and hugs,

connie

Mar 7, 2004
Frinton-on-Sea
Dear Kate,

Sorry that the BP is up. Try to rest.:rolleyes:

Sending you a special TP hug along with my prayers.

Large Hug.GIF

Had to enlarge the hug, so we can all huddle in together.

(Unfortunately he doesn't want to work tonight!!!!!) Back to the drawing board.

Kate P

Jul 6, 2007
Merseyside
Thanks everyone - it means a lot to me - I am being good I promise - I didn't go into work on overtime today and spent the day with my daughter instead.

Unfortunately, I'm not a "take it easy" kind of person - I have to try hard to take it easy if that makes any sense - I get the feeling most people on here are like that - just plain active and busy!!:)

Margarita

Feb 17, 2006
london
Unfortunately, I'm not a "take it easy" kind of person - I have to try hard to take it easy if that makes any sense - I get the feeling most people on here are like that - just plain active and busy!!

Yes we all have lived on the fast lane of life, that when dementia hit us we find it so hard to live on the slowly take it easy chill out man lol kind of lane.
You have to really got to learn to take it that easy slow road in life, don’t stress when you mother has strange behaviours that you not seen before. Because of the life you’re carrying inside of you.
Do like they do in Spain go with the flow of life & life will flow with you, do it all tomorrow lol, but tomorrow never come because it’s all in our imagination so live in the moment because if truth be told that all we have that real

Sending you loads of positive energy with a big ((( hug )))

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Anne Paterson