Good luck all for Tuesday!

Tender Face

Account Closed
Mar 14, 2006
NW England
Well, my cheques are written (with letters to MP, Chief Exec PCT etc etc)... to 'land' on Tuesday......my humble attempt to make any difference...

Just wanted everyone who is able to 'attend' the protests 'physically' to know that there is huge support for them... well done Dick and Mary, and Linda for rallying the 'battle cry'!!!!!

I will be doing my best to support on the day by whinging to anyone who will listen (no change there, then?!:eek: :D )

Hugs, all - let's show them who is NICE!!!!!

Love, Karen (TF), x

Linda Mc

Jul 3, 2005
Nr Mold
Thanks for your posting Karen.:)

We leave here 7am in the morning (no mean feat getting husband up washed dressed and out for then). There are four of us from my area going but have rallied support from another group I belong too and some members from South Wales are meeting us there.

I have secured a meeting with my AM and will be one of a maximum of 30 allowed in for a chat! Thankfully mine is fully supportive so won't have to shake my fist!:mad:

I do hope there is a good attendance as I expect most will go to London so watch out on the news.;)

Linda x

Last edited:

Tender Face

Account Closed
Mar 14, 2006
NW England
Yikes! When do we get full up-date????

Nada said:
Just to say that the day in London seemed to go very well.
It was lovely to meet you Dick and Mary!

Love
Nada

Not just the 'official' BBC type version - desperately disappointed today kept sneaking on to bbc.co.uk at work and no mention........

Michael E

Apr 14, 2005
Ronda Spain
There was good coverage of the 'day' on BBC and ITV in the morning - the odd TV soap star was wheeled in to talk about Alzheimer's and the boss of The Alzheimer's Society - forget his name - sorry - spoke with sense and gravitas about the problem - I think it made a difference ---- Cannot do any harm.... There was a good comparison made that the only country in Europe, beside the UK, that does not give Aricept to all AD sufferers is Albania!!

I would like to see more 'drama' injected into the statements about Alzheimer's.. It somehow comes across as a load of nice old people who are a bit balmy - Of course that is partly true - but there is more to it than that ------ I think the fear, hallucinations, ****, tears and terror are the bits that should be emphasised - but difficult...

I think every body who stood up to be counted yesterday should be congratulated - It is direct action that can change things and make a difference in this media controlled world of ours..

Michael

DickG

Feb 26, 2006
Stow-on-the-Wold
Hi Nada

We have just got back from Essex. It was so good to meet you and to put a lovely personality to your TP profile.

In addition to the noisy and lively protest the speeches (which Mary slept through!) were excellent and the cross-party support was encouraging.

I know that it was not possible for many people to attend and I hope that those of us who were there did you justice. I was lucky enough to be interviewed on TV and radio and I only hope that I did the cause some good.

I am feeling positive about the outcome.

Dick

connie

Mar 7, 2004
Frinton-on-Sea
Well done to all of you who were able to attend rallies on Tuesday.
A big "thank you" from those of us unable to do same.

Keep up the good work.

Tender Face

Account Closed
Mar 14, 2006
NW England
Nada said:
Hi Karen What do you want a full update of? The day? or the Nice appeal?

Well everything, really!:eek: Don't ask for much, I know.....:rolleyes:

Heard this week about a 'wonder diet drug' becoming available on the NHS..... WWWWhhhhhhaaaaattttttt???????

Sure I'll keep myself up-to-date thru the AS website.....

Thanks, Nada

KenC

Mar 24, 2006
Co Durham
Protest Day

My wife and I travelled down to London for the Protest day, from County Durham, and even though it was an extremely long day, I think it had to be done. I am getting the medication and I know it works, but I feel very sorry for those among us that may never get the chance. I felt that I had to protest for that one reason and it was I hope well worth it. I am not sure our MP took any notice but we have to try one way or another.
Well done all those who managed to attend.:)

Last edited:

KenC

Mar 24, 2006
Co Durham
Protest Day

Hi Tender Face.
I don't know about an inspiration I did this because I was so disgusted in NICE for attempting to stop us getting the drug. I know it won't work forever but at least it worth trying. It was a long way to go to protest especially when we were being interviewed enroute by our local radio station and on the way back, but I feel it was really nessessary. As well as that it was a wonderful day and we met lots of very pleasent people.
Take care
Kenc

Norman

Oct 9, 2003
Birmingham Hades
Thank you very much to all who attended the demonstrations.
I am frustrated that I was unable to get there but rest assured I will still be battling away where ever I can.
Norman

KenC

Mar 24, 2006
Co Durham
Protest Day

Hi Nada
Sorry I've been caught out, I thought there were far too many people there and goodness knows how many were called Ken. I was wrong was'nt I. Yes I have to admit it was me and I don't mind admitting, I was terrified when I saw how many there were in that room. I have not done that before but it was well worth it.
But some people could'nt go for many reasons and like everthing else its the thought that counts. It was sad that no one heard anything on the TV , although it was on the local radio up here.
Regards
Kenc

KenC

Mar 24, 2006
Co Durham
Protest Day

Hi Nada,
I got a bit of a shock when that happened because I was terrified. I was asked outside whether I would do it again and I said I would need a Double Brandy just to start.
It was a brilliant day and after the speeches I really enjoyed it. The odd thing was I could'nt see my notes, because I had forgotten where my reading glasses were.
Thanks again;

Regards
Kenc

KenC

Mar 24, 2006
Co Durham
Protest Day

Hi Nada
Thanks for the offer, I will think about it if I ever do it again. Although it was hard to stand up and speak I really did enjoy it and I can only hope that we were successful after this. I find it hard that anyone let alone NICE can stop treatment for this illness and god knows is it a terrible thing to watch let alone go through.
My only hope the medication keeps working, but I feel bitterly disappointed the many others will never get the chance.
Best wishes
Kenc