Good grief how much more can one take

2jays

Jun 4, 2010
West Midlands
I do agree but it's so so hard x

Sent from my iPad using Talking Point

It is hard. Painfully hard xx

But once you have that line in the sand, it makes it less hard...

Emotions, if left to totally rule in decision making don't help anyone. Using practicalities, to clear your mind of the emotional part, take a step back, look at the whole situation.... They are less hard to follow through.... Painful, but less hard

Because it's a "what is best for everyone" decision.

Hope that makes sense xxxxx

Sent from my iPhone using Talking Point

dancingmum

Sep 29, 2009
West Midlands
It is amazing how strong we are

So sorry to hear how bad things are for you. I live with my parents. Dad has mixed type dementia and blood problems requiring transfusions just lately. Mum who is 88 and has up until recently refused help outside of the family ( I am an only child) is now v frail and I'll herself so it is up to me and carers who come in to get dad up and put him to bed. I started taking anti- depressants 2 years ago which have helped but it is very challenging and very sad and very very debilitating. Just keep going the best way you can, that's all we can do. My dog is an endless source of company and I try to distract myself with colouring, suduko, social networking. I also get up at 5 to spend a couple of hours sipping coffee and sitting with my lovely springer spaniel Diggory. Have been on holiday, am a Headteacher but back to it after next week.
Keep going....we have no option. Kind regards

Jan 3, 2013
Sidcup
I'm sorry to hear your sad situation. How you manage to care for them when you have such stressful job I don't know. I had to give my job up as a senior nurse because work would not give me any concessions for requests for time to take MIL to hospital appointments etc....

Sent from my iPad using Talking Point