Good day

simba1

Sep 18, 2015
Today was a good day. We have been looking through pictures of my mum's to make a memory book. We found a letter she had written when she was 7 she visited Buckingham palace when the king presented the British empire medal . Her face lit up with joy at the memories for a few minutes I had my mum back

Sue J

Dec 9, 2009
Today was a good day. We have been looking through pictures of my mum's to make a memory book. We found a letter she had written when she was 7 she visited Buckingham palace when the king presented the British empire medal . Her face lit up with joy at the memories for a few minutes I had my mum back

:) That is lovely to read, I hope the making of the book brings more moments of joy for you both:) Thanks for sharing.

Tattoo Lane

Jun 28, 2016
Devon UK
How lovely!! I am making a memory box for my almost 99 year old mum for her birthday present in October. I have all sorts of goodies including a ration book, some stuff that evacuees would have had, information about sailors rum rations, a few cookery books , make do an mend book, all sorts of memorabilia from the second world war that I found online plus a few books of posters, adverts etc from the 30's and 40's that I found on the Robert Opie Collection webpage. Mum talks a lot about the war, and I'm sure much of this will bring back some wonderful memories for her. I've also found a couple of CDs of WW2 songs that I know she will love to sing along with. I've got a big box with a Union Jack to put it all in and hope against hope she will use it a lot. Maybe this would be another idea for you - a memory box?

simba1

Sep 18, 2015
How lovely!! I am making a memory box for my almost 99 year old mum for her birthday present in October. I have all sorts of goodies including a ration book, some stuff that evacuees would have had, information about sailors rum rations, a few cookery books , make do an mend book, all sorts of memorabilia from the second world war that I found online plus a few books of posters, adverts etc from the 30's and 40's that I found on the Robert Opie Collection webpage. Mum talks a lot about the war, and I'm sure much of this will bring back some wonderful memories for her. I've also found a couple of CDs of WW2 songs that I know she will love to sing along with. I've got a big box with a Union Jack to put it all in and hope against hope she will use it a lot. Maybe this would be another idea for you - a memory box?

That's a brilliant idea will look at that web site and borrow some of you ideas

Tattoo Lane

Jun 28, 2016
Devon UK
I looked around on Amazon and put in World War 2 memorabilia - it then listed loads of really good stuff for a Wartime memory box - do be aware though that some of the books are quite small, my mum doesn't see too well and the books on Make Do and Mend and some of the recipe books have very small print. The Robert Opie books though are brilliant, as are some of the packs of cards about childrens wartime and sailors :). I hope it works for you! Please do copy the idea!