"gone home" at last

Tender Face

Account Closed
Mar 14, 2006
NW England
So sorry

Áine, just back from a break and saw your sad news. My love, prayers and condolences. Thank you for sharing all you have thus far. From the limited time I have been on TP I have 'seen' how much you have done for your dad, directly and indirectly.... and given me a huge amount of advice, support and encouragement (whether you have realised it or not!!) and much to think about....

I do hope you will stay around TP - you have so much to give ... and I'm sure your dad would be so proud that you can continue to do that.....

God bless you both,

Love, Karen (TF), x

Lynne

Jun 3, 2005
Suffolk,England
Dear Áine

I'm sorry your Dad has died, but relieved for both of you that his passing was peaceful. I'm absolutely sure you did the right thing by keeping him in the familiar surroundings of his nursing home, with people who cared for him and about him.

And thank YOU for the courage, encouragement & wisdom you have shared with us, during this sad and trying time. It's so difficult to convince yourself that you're doing the right thing at the time, and being able to read real-life accounts from others treading the same path (even if they are sometimes examples of things which :cool: didn't work out as expected) is invaluable.

Nell

Aug 9, 2005
Australia
Dear Aine,
MY thoughts are with you, and of your father. His passing was peaceful because of your forethought, planning, love and care. You have much to take credit for. In this time of deep sadness, remember to be gentle and kind to yourself now.
Thinking of you,
Nell