Yorkshire
    Deepest Sympathy

Thinking of you
    Love & Hugs

2. connie

connie Registered User

Mar 7, 2004
    Frinton-on-Sea
    Aine.......love and hugs...........now start looking after you.

3. Tender Face

Tender Face Account Closed

Mar 14, 2006
    NW England
    So sorry

Áine, just back from a break and saw your sad news. My love, prayers and condolences. Thank you for sharing all you have thus far. From the limited time I have been on TP I have 'seen' how much you have done for your dad, directly and indirectly.... and given me a huge amount of advice, support and encouragement (whether you have realised it or not!!) and much to think about....

I do hope you will stay around TP - you have so much to give ... and I'm sure your dad would be so proud that you can continue to do that.....

God bless you both,

Love, Karen (TF), x

4. Margarita

Margarita Registered User

Feb 17, 2006
    london
    I am sorry to read about your father passing ((hugs)))

5. Lynne

Lynne Registered User

Jun 3, 2005
    Suffolk,England
    Dear Áine

I'm sorry your Dad has died, but relieved for both of you that his passing was peaceful. I'm absolutely sure you did the right thing by keeping him in the familiar surroundings of his nursing home, with people who cared for him and about him.

And thank YOU for the courage, encouragement & wisdom you have shared with us, during this sad and trying time. It's so difficult to convince yourself that you're doing the right thing at the time, and being able to read real-life accounts from others treading the same path (even if they are sometimes examples of things which :cool: didn't work out as expected) is invaluable.

6. Nell

Nell Registered User

Aug 9, 2005
    Australia
    Dear Aine,
    MY thoughts are with you, and of your father. His passing was peaceful because of your forethought, planning, love and care. You have much to take credit for. In this time of deep sadness, remember to be gentle and kind to yourself now.
    Thinking of you,
    Nell