Gone from my sight

Pebs

Mar 22, 2015
Leicestershire
I am standing upon that foreshore. A ship at my side spreads her white sails in the morning breeze and starts for the blue ocean. She is an object of beauty and strength and I stand and watch her until at length she hangs like a speck of white cloud just where the sea and sky come down to mingle with each other. Then someone at my side says, "There! She's gone!" "Gone where?" "Gone from my sight, that's all." She is just as large in mast and spar and hull as ever she was when she left my side; just as able to bear her load of living freight to the place of her destination. Her diminished size is in me, not in her. And just at that moment when someone at my side says, "There! She's gone!" there are other eyes watching her coming and other voices ready to take up the glad shout, "Here she comes!"

I saw your beautiful sunset on Saturday Dad and know you reached safe harbour xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Spamar

Oct 5, 2013
Suffolk
Hi
My OH died a few weeks ago and that was one if the poems we considered.
So sorry for your loss, it's difficult, isn't it?

Welcome to TP, any questions, I'm sure we can answer them! Somebody will have been there, done that!

Pebs

Mar 22, 2015
Leicestershire
Hi
My OH died a few weeks ago and that was one if the poems we considered.
So sorry for your loss, it's difficult, isn't it?

Welcome to TP, any questions, I'm sure we can answer them! Somebody will have been there, done that!

Thank you Spamar, it's very difficult even when it is not entirely unexpected. My legs feel like i'm walking on sponges. Today I went to the shop to buy a thank you card for the care home but could only see Happy Birthday Dad cards. It's the little things that get to you. I hope you are feeling a bit better now after your own loss. xxx

LYN T

Aug 30, 2012
Brixham Devon
I saw your beautiful sunset on Saturday Dad and know you reached safe harbour xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Yes, your Dad has reached a safe and pain free place; now is the time to remember him when he was well; someone you loved and will always love.

I wish you strength to cope with your grief. Please accept my condolences.

Take very good care of yourself

Lyn T XX

Spamar

Oct 5, 2013
Suffolk
Thanks, Pebs. It's the unexpected things, you will find, that catch you out! I would also prefer if everything went smoothly, with no unexpected set-backs!
Good luck with the future.

elaina

Aug 10, 2015
Somerset
I woke in a panic this morning as I realised that I can't remember my dad's laugh. He died 3 weeks ago but Alzheimers robbed him of laughter some time ago. Just made me so sad.

sunray

Sep 21, 2008
East Coast of Australia
Sorry for your loss Pebs, it is hard to understand that you will never see them again. Any death of family members though not unexpected can still bring us great pain, every death is a depletion. Hope all goes well in the days ahead. Be kind to yourself.

Scarlett123

Apr 30, 2013
Essex
Thank you Spamar, it's very difficult even when it is not entirely unexpected. My legs feel like i'm walking on sponges. Today I went to the shop to buy a thank you card for the care home but could only see Happy Birthday Dad cards. It's the little things that get to you. I hope you are feeling a bit better now after your own loss. xxx

There's no Alzheimer's in Heaven xxx