1. Pebs

Pebs Registered User

Mar 22, 2015
    Leicestershire
    I am standing upon that foreshore. A ship at my side spreads her white sails in the morning breeze and starts for the blue ocean. She is an object of beauty and strength and I stand and watch her until at length she hangs like a speck of white cloud just where the sea and sky come down to mingle with each other. Then someone at my side says, "There! She's gone!" "Gone where?" "Gone from my sight, that's all." She is just as large in mast and spar and hull as ever she was when she left my side; just as able to bear her load of living freight to the place of her destination. Her diminished size is in me, not in her. And just at that moment when someone at my side says, "There! She's gone!" there are other eyes watching her coming and other voices ready to take up the glad shout, "Here she comes!"

I saw your beautiful sunset on Saturday Dad and know you reached safe harbour xxxxxxxxxxxxx

2. Spamar

Spamar Registered User

Oct 5, 2013
    Suffolk
    Hi
    My OH died a few weeks ago and that was one if the poems we considered.
    So sorry for your loss, it's difficult, isn't it?

Welcome to TP, any questions, I'm sure we can answer them! Somebody will have been there, done that!

3. Pebs

Pebs Registered User

Mar 22, 2015
    Leicestershire
    Thank you Spamar, it's very difficult even when it is not entirely unexpected. My legs feel like i'm walking on sponges. Today I went to the shop to buy a thank you card for the care home but could only see Happy Birthday Dad cards. It's the little things that get to you. I hope you are feeling a bit better now after your own loss. xxx

4. Grannie G

Grannie G Volunteer Moderator

Apr 3, 2006
    Kent
    Gone from our sight but not from our hearts.

5. LYN T

LYN T Registered User

Aug 30, 2012
    Brixham Devon
    Yes, your Dad has reached a safe and pain free place; now is the time to remember him when he was well; someone you loved and will always love.

I wish you strength to cope with your grief. Please accept my condolences.

Take very good care of yourself

Lyn T XX

6. truth24

truth24 Registered User

Oct 13, 2013
    North Somerset
    Sending my deepest sympathy, Pebs. What a lovely verse.

7. cragmaid

cragmaid Registered User

Oct 18, 2010
    North East England
    A safe passage is all one can wish for....
    Condolences.x

8. Spamar

Spamar Registered User

Oct 5, 2013
    Suffolk
    Thanks, Pebs. It's the unexpected things, you will find, that catch you out! I would also prefer if everything went smoothly, with no unexpected set-backs!
    Good luck with the future.

9. elaina

elaina Registered User

Aug 10, 2015
    Somerset
    I woke in a panic this morning as I realised that I can't remember my dad's laugh. He died 3 weeks ago but Alzheimers robbed him of laughter some time ago. Just made me so sad.

10. sunray

sunray Registered User

Sep 21, 2008
    Female
    East Coast of Australia
    Sorry for your loss Pebs, it is hard to understand that you will never see them again. Any death of family members though not unexpected can still bring us great pain, every death is a depletion. Hope all goes well in the days ahead. Be kind to yourself.

11. Scarlett123

Scarlett123 Registered User

Apr 30, 2013
    Essex
    There's no Alzheimer's in Heaven xxx

12. LYN T

LYN T Registered User

Aug 30, 2012
    Brixham Devon
    You will remember in time Elaina.

Love

Lyn T XX