Going to try to make this Christmas special

exhausted 2015

Jul 5, 2015
stoke on trent
I have this feeling that this will be dad's last Christmas and want to try and make it special.. Last year before his dementia took a turn for the worse he did not know it was Christmas so I am guessing that it will be the same this year if not worse,I am looking for ideas to help make it special I thought about playing some wartime cds ( he served in North Africa and Italy during ww2)and having a sing along and generally fussing over him but would much appreciate any ideas bearing in mind his eyesight and mobility is not good.. Thanks in advance exhausted 2015xx

Last edited:

canary

Feb 25, 2014
South coast
If you are doing music/singalongs I would suggest traditional Christmas carols - he might be able to remember the words to quite a lot of them.

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
Would he like to watch any old Christmas films? It's A Wonderful Life, White Christmas etc.

Last edited:

hvml

Oct 10, 2015
North Cornwall
Hi exhausted2015.

I do hope you have a special Christmas with your Dad.

You have inspired me to make a bit of an effort myself, as it will just be me and my Dad on the day. I'll do my best to make it different from a normal day. Mine always enjoys watching Carols from King's. Is that something your Dad would enjoy too?

It will good to have a happy day to remember, but it's truly hard to feel happy inside. Xx

exhausted 2015

Jul 5, 2015
stoke on trent
Hi exhausted2015.

I do hope you have a special Christmas with your Dad.

You have inspired me to make a bit of an effort myself, as it will just be me and my Dad on the day. I'll do my best to make it different from a normal day. Mine always enjoys watching Carols from King's. Is that something your Dad would enjoy too?

It will good to have a happy day to remember, but it's truly hard to feel happy inside. Xx

Thanks all for your suggestions xx but like hvml stated we can have day to remember but it is hard to feel happy inside xx but am going to try to make the best of this Christmas for dads sake xx hope everyone else has a good one too xx