going to bed at the wrong time....

Dottie 1

Sep 11, 2013
just had toget FIL out of bed at 10.45am . He has been up since 8 but thought it was time to go to bed.....grrrrr. I seem to spend my day trying to keep him out of his bed and my nights trying to keep him in it! :mad:

Butter

Jan 19, 2012
NeverNeverLand
This can be really difficult: my husband is losing the 24 hour cycle. The rest of us try to maintain a structured life with regular hours and regular routines and my husband joins in - with variations. He struggles particularly at night and has not been able to spend a whole night in bed for many years.

Dottie 1

Sep 11, 2013
and the day just got worse. had to get him up again at 4.30 as he'd gone to bed again....I had a client to see at 6.30pm so took him with me to get him out for a bit.....He managed to stay up till 8.30pm then was back up at 11.45pm and heading to the front door fully dressed cue shuffle back to bedroom, undressed back in bed, back up at 3.45, fell on landing stair, no injuries, shuffle with difficulty back to bed....he's back up and dressed for another day. I just want this to end................

Dottie 1

Sep 11, 2013
He is on a mild sedative at bedtime but I think this needs to be upped...too tired to think straight. Husband is working from home today so is in the house listening out for him and working whilst I am trying to concentrate in my office in the garden. I think we have come to a point where we need to consider a CH.

Wildflower

Apr 6, 2013
Brighton
My dad used to do the same thing, and I felt the same way as you that if it continued, a care home would have to be considered. To me it felt like a kind of torture, with no peace 24 hours a day, and feeling totally exhausted all the time, and yet still having to cope with everything.

Fortunately in my dad's case, sleeping pills have been very successful for well over a year now. He takes Zopiclone, and they can be prescribed from 3.75mg up to 15mg, and through trying them a suitable dose can be found. I think it's normal to start on the low dose, but the low dose made little difference to my dad. I know some people don't agree with taking these as it's thought that sometimes they can be addictive, but I think that is the last of my dad's problems with AD at 87years old. There can also be the fear of a fall being more likely, but I can only say that has not happened with my dad. Some GPs are wary of prescribing them I think. The CPN arranged for my dad's tablets by writing to the GP.

I sincerely hope you can get it sorted out, I know how awful it is. x