Going so fast???

Norrms

Feb 19, 2009
Torquay Devon
Going so fast??

Well, its “flaming June” and after the first week of hot weather let’s hope it just gets better. I am having trouble getting my head round the idea that this year is half over! Yes I get confused sometimes as to what day it is and also the year eludes me at times but it doesn’t seem to be two minutes since I walked out f the Doctors just after Christmas in total shock after being diagnosed with AD. There are times when I am miles away in my own little world and Elaine will say “What ARE you thinking about” I always reply that these days I wasn’t paid to think!!LOL but the truth is I am trying to remember the past days or months that have just gone by but without much success I’m afraid. I think, how could have this thing progress so quickly? I wasn’t that bad last year. Thing is, I can’t remember if I was or wasn’t!!
To say this is frustrating would be the understatement of the year. Then, my thoughts turn to my grandchildren and the tears well up in my eyes as i try to remember them being born or growing up to the age they are now. To say this illness is cruel is too kinder word for it and I for one could certainly call it a lot worse but it’s not in my nature. Also lately I have been dreaming a lot about my father, who I know has passed away but can’t remember how long ago, yet in my dreams he is as always was.
All these things go through my mind and a lot more so I am presuming I am not alone in this and other AD sufferers must be going through the same thing. There is a lot more I feel like saying but will leave for another day (if I remember). But at least the beauty of TP is that once it’s written and published we can go back and read it again and again if necessary. So if your partner, hubby ECT is looking as he is deep in thought, give him a big smile and a HUG, believe me, it works wonders, best wishes, Norrms and family xxx

myheadisinaspin

Nov 6, 2008
marlow bucks uk
hi norms, i must say to you that alot of how your thinking and feeling is documented through your posts, which i often read as they are so informing for me and give some insight to how my mum must be feeling. your posts have made me laugh most of the time and i look forward to finding your new post when i come on.

the year has gone fast for me too, and i have not got alzheimers, i know mum can't comprehened the fastness of time either. she was diagnosed in march this year but had problems for several years.
my aunty told me once we had diagnosis- mum will be fine shes heading to an untouchable world, a happy one, its usually the family that have to see her journey there,i'm so glad you post on here to give the side of the sufferer, the chance to imagine what its like to walk in your shoes,
god bless you!!!!
xx

KenC

Mar 24, 2006
Co Durham
Hi Norrms

I think you have just summed up how many of us are feeling, about this illness. It is so soul destroying as we loose that ability to do so many things that we have previously enjoyed over the years. Like you I have lost a lot and there are times when I just feel like giving up all together, as I feel as if I am fighting against the wind.
But there are other things which make up for this, such as the family and grandchildren, and you like me think the world of all of these.

Just remember you are not alone with this, you are among friends here on talking point, many of who are in the same boat.

Best wishes

Ken

Helen33

Jul 20, 2008
Hello Norrms

So if your partner, hubby ECT is looking as he is deep in thought, give him a big smile and a HUG, believe me, it works wonders,

I am definitely going to do this Norrms. Alan often looks as if he's deep in thought.

Love

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
Me too!

I am definitely going to do this Norrms. Alan often looks as if he's deep in thought.

Love

I think I need to do a bit more of this too - it's easy to take silence for not thinking about anything.

Barry

Oct 14, 2006
Indonesia
Hi Norrms,
Yet again you express so well the feeling of the devastating illness that drags us to our lowest point in life, thank God for this Website where we can express our fears and thoughts

BeckyJan

Nov 28, 2005
Derbyshire
Norrms - thank you so much for your thoughts - I will remember when David appears to be in a world of his own - I WILL give him another big hug! :):):)

The year is going too fast for me too.

Jan

Nan2seven

Apr 11, 2009
Dorset
Hi, Norrms: Have just been to give Brian a hug and a kiss after reading your post. He often stands looking into space, so will do it next time I see it. He is just drifting off to sleep now.

Was it you (cannot now find the message) who advised cocoa or hot chocolate for a bedtime drink? I have made it for Brian the last two nights and he says he is sleeping so much better. Many, many thanks.