Going round in circles

Lainey 127

Nov 25, 2012
Liverpool UK
Mum 92, mid to late stage mixed dementia, living in own home and my sister and I provide 24/7 care with a morning visit from carers to get Mum up, washed and dressed.
I have a Court of Protection order to deal with Mums finances and the COP visitor recommended I apply for CHC which I did. The social worker and district nurse who carried out the CHC assessment said they'd asked for funds to cover extra carers visits every day and also night sitters, so my sister and I can at least get a good nights sleep.
The CHC application was successful and everyone keeps congratulating us - but what do we do next? We've had one letter from the CHC people to tell us it has been granted and why but no other information. Since then we've heard nothing.
I phoned the social worker who said it's not her job to arrange the extra care? She said Social Services have nothing to do with Mum now as CHC is a different funding committee and I have to phone them and ask them to organise her care?
The care agency we've been using say they know nothing about Mums care being CHC funded and I should still pay them direct?
I'm confused? I feel we're going round in circles and we need the help NOW!
Can any of you lovely people point me in the right direction please? What do we do next?
Thanks!

nitram

Apr 6, 2011
Bury
"...She said Social Services have nothing to do with Mum now as CHC is a different funding committee and I have to phone them and ask them to organise her care?..."

I would do as she says, CHC will have been awarded against assessed needs.

A care plan to meet these needs should be drawn up by the assessors and the service providing the care funded, normally by the NHS.

I would expect a refund of all money spent on care provision since CHC was awarded.