going out

marmarlade

Jan 26, 2015
well most of you will not want to know this but i had to tell someone on Friday a carer took my hubby across the road to the shops to buy an ice cream . not a big deal to most people but to me it was like winning the lottery, so another day i will try this and then maybe we can go from there and have a small outing later on

jeany123

Mar 24, 2012
Durham
Thats great Marmarlade, I can tell how pleased you are and hope you get your little outings,

Best Wishes, Jeany xx

Jinx

Mar 13, 2014
Pontypool
Hope you can build on it and get out a bit more. Good luck.

Sent from my iPad using Talking Point

esmeralda

Nov 27, 2014
Devon
Glad for you that you have this sign of progress marmarlade. We learn to appreciate the little things so much, hopefully this will lead to a positive stage in your lives. Love, Es
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
What a pleasure for you marmalade. I`m sure many of us realise how important this outing was.

technotronic

Jun 14, 2014
That sounds like the carer taking them out was a very positive step for both you and your other half, sometimes it takes others to show them the benefits of going out.
The furthest my wife wants to go is to the supermarket and back, n it's not too long after we've started shopping that she starts to ask to go home again; as this is the only chance we get to get any shopping in, I have to make shrewd get round the supermarket quickly.
She is positive to trips out to visit things she likes, like visiting Redwings Horse Sanctuary as she loves horses, we went two years ago n another visit is scheduled sometime this year. Maybe that's part of the key to encourage them to go out more

John

Sent from my iPhone using Talking Point