1. marmarlade

marmarlade Registered User

Jan 26, 2015
    well most of you will not want to know this but i had to tell someone on Friday a carer took my hubby across the road to the shops to buy an ice cream . not a big deal to most people but to me it was like winning the lottery, so another day i will try this and then maybe we can go from there and have a small outing later on

2. jeany123

jeany123 Registered User

Mar 24, 2012
    Durham
    Thats great Marmarlade, I can tell how pleased you are and hope you get your little outings,

Best Wishes, Jeany xx

3. Jinx

Jinx Registered User

Mar 13, 2014
    Pontypool
    Hope you can build on it and get out a bit more. Good luck.

Sent from my iPad using Talking Point

4. esmeralda

esmeralda Registered User

Nov 27, 2014
    Devon
    Glad for you that you have this sign of progress marmarlade. We learn to appreciate the little things so much, hopefully this will lead to a positive stage in your lives. Love, Es
    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

5. truth24

truth24 Registered User

Oct 13, 2013
    North Somerset
    We all understand how you feel, marmalade. Hope you are successful when you try.

6. Grannie G

Grannie G Volunteer Moderator

Apr 3, 2006
    Kent
    What a pleasure for you marmalade. I`m sure many of us realise how important this outing was.

7. Lindy50

Lindy50 Registered User

Dec 11, 2013
    Cotswolds
    That's great, marmalade :) Hope it can happen again and that you build up to an outing xx

8. Izzy

Izzy Volunteer Moderator

Aug 31, 2003
    Female
    Dundee
    How very positive. I hope you can build on this.

9. technotronic

technotronic Registered User

Jun 14, 2014
    That sounds like the carer taking them out was a very positive step for both you and your other half, sometimes it takes others to show them the benefits of going out.
    The furthest my wife wants to go is to the supermarket and back, n it's not too long after we've started shopping that she starts to ask to go home again; as this is the only chance we get to get any shopping in, I have to make shrewd get round the supermarket quickly.
    She is positive to trips out to visit things she likes, like visiting Redwings Horse Sanctuary as she loves horses, we went two years ago n another visit is scheduled sometime this year. Maybe that's part of the key to encourage them to go out more

John

Sent from my iPhone using Talking Point

10. technotronic

technotronic Registered User

Jun 14, 2014
    *shrewd=sure

Sent from my iPhone using Talking Point