going mad

christmas

Apr 27, 2014
Leicestershire
Hi I am going mad Peter just Will not do anything I want to go town today but as usual he has a cold he has had this cold for five years ,and its getting on my nerves, I don't go anywhere if I do I have to get back in a hour so it not worth going out , I just want to scream the house down , I feel lonely , the children don't understand they just laugh at him when he says I can't come to see you, you will catch my cold, I am trying to keep calm but I don't know how much longer before I lose it. Carol from the clinic comes once a week but she can't do anything for me really because he said there is nothing wrong with him I just wish he would realize there is something wrong. I know I shouldn't and I know I don't mean it but right now I hate him x sorry for the rant but it makes me feel better from Christmas

LYN T

Aug 30, 2012
Brixham Devon
Hi Christmas-I'm so sorry that you are having a bad time and feel so isolated.

Do you have any contact with Social Services or a CPN? Perhaps they (or Peter's GP) could try to arrange a day centre for him? I know he may say 'no' but when I needed my OH to go to day care it was 'sold' to him as THEY needed HIS help. The SW told him that they needed his help with checking work (my OH had been a College Lecturer) so it appealed to him in that way. Is there any way a professional could tap into one of his interests to get him to agree?

You really do need some time to yourself to keep strong and well.

Take care

Lyn T

Last edited:

TinaT

Sep 27, 2006
Costa Blanca Spain
Either arrange for a paid 'sitter' (ask social services for financial help with this), or get the members of the family to come in and sit whilst you get a well earned break away from the house and your husband. Although he may demand that you stay at his side, as the other poster has said use any means you can to get the respite YOU need. He has needs, but so do you!

The easiest thing is to give in and be a prisoner in your own home. It is hard to make the first steps such as contacting social services or asking the family for some relief but nothing will change unless you take steps to make things change.

Life changes so much with this illness and as things change, you have to also make changes to protect your own health and well being.

xxTinaT

christmas

Apr 27, 2014
Leicestershire
Hi I am going mad Peter just Will not do anything I want to go town today but as usual he has a cold he has had this cold for five years ,and its getting on my nerves, I don't go anywhere if I do I have to get back in a hour so it not worth going out , I just want to scream the house down , I feel lonely , the children don't understand they just laugh at him when he says I can't come to see you, you will catch my cold, I am trying to keep calm but I don't know how much longer before I lose it. Carol from the clinic comes once a week but she can't do anything for me really because he said there is nothing wrong with him I just wish he would realize there is something wrong. I know I shouldn't and I know I don't mean it but right now I hate him x sorry for the rant but it makes me feel better from Christmas

Thank you so much for your help I have ask the children to sit with him bit they always have something to do I will have a word with Carol when she comes if I don't get away from him just for a while I think I will snap and I really don't want to do that it's not his fault bless him