Going London

Discussion in 'Equipment and technology' started by BR_ANA, Oct 2, 2018.

  1. BR_ANA

    BR_ANA Registered User

    Jun 27, 2012
    A friend of mine has ataxia. So he needs a walker to walk, however common walkers are not fitting his needs anymore. He lives on Brazil, and (I am not proud to say) there are little equipments being sold here for people with advanced locomotion difficulty.

    As he is traveling this year to London, I am asking about how someone can buy disability equipment without being a European citizen - privately. (and maybe have a assessment of his needs)

    Adresses? shop names? clinics names or websites?

    I know forum rules doesnt allow posting advertising, so you can PM me.

    Thank you
  2. Grannie G

    Grannie G Volunteer Moderator

    Apr 3, 2006
    Hello Ana

    You can Google Mobility aids London and will get a lot of information. There will be maps to tell your friend the way and perhaps he could phone in advance to make an appointment.

    I've no idea how he can get an assessment . Would it be an assessment to work out which would be the best aid for him or would it be an assessment of his condition.
  3. canary

    canary Registered User

    Feb 25, 2014
    South coast
    Hello Ana - good to see you again.

    If your friend needs an assessment of his mobility then he would need to see a physiotherapist. If you google private physiotherapist London there are quite a few. I dont know how much they would charge, though. The sales people may be able to advise him, though, if he doesnt need a full assessment.
  4. Toony Oony

    Toony Oony Registered User

    Jun 21, 2016
    Hi Ana
    The Disabled Living Foundation's website https://www.dlf.org.uk/factsheets/walking - gives a host of information about walkers and other details. You may find the information and contact details useful.

Share This Page