Going London

BR_ANA

Jun 27, 2012
Brazil
A friend of mine has ataxia. So he needs a walker to walk, however common walkers are not fitting his needs anymore. He lives on Brazil, and (I am not proud to say) there are little equipments being sold here for people with advanced locomotion difficulty.

As he is traveling this year to London, I am asking about how someone can buy disability equipment without being a European citizen - privately. (and maybe have a assessment of his needs)

Adresses? shop names? clinics names or websites?

I know forum rules doesnt allow posting advertising, so you can PM me.

Thank you

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Hello Ana

You can Google Mobility aids London and will get a lot of information. There will be maps to tell your friend the way and perhaps he could phone in advance to make an appointment.

I've no idea how he can get an assessment . Would it be an assessment to work out which would be the best aid for him or would it be an assessment of his condition.

canary

Feb 25, 2014
South coast
Hello Ana - good to see you again.

If your friend needs an assessment of his mobility then he would need to see a physiotherapist. If you google private physiotherapist London there are quite a few. I dont know how much they would charge, though. The sales people may be able to advise him, though, if he doesnt need a full assessment.