Going into respite today

ceroc46

Jan 28, 2012
Mum has a week booked for respite starting yesterday evening until next Monday . However,when I got in from work yesterday evening,she was very agitated so I'm dropping her this morning.

I've been counting the days, but now it's here it's like dropping your 4 year old at school for the first time. Even though we had wee and poo up to our ankles this morning and the never ending noise, now I feel guilty

I'm looking forward to spending time with the family, but the guilt is horrible.

Best drop her,then and stop putting off the inevitable. Think of me,and mum! Xx

Witzend

Aug 29, 2007
SW London
Fingers Xed for everything going OK. Do hope you manage to ignore the dreaded Guilt Monster for a bit - give it a good whack from me - and enjoy your well earned break!

CollegeGirl

Jan 19, 2011
North East England
Hope the drop off went well. If only we had an anti-guilt pill, now that would be something. Always remember we can only do our best, we are not Superman. You need the break, I do hope you can enjoy it.

Let us know how it went.

HelenInBC

Mar 23, 2013
I agree- that guilt monster is a pain! I hope you can enjoy your break and realize that you need it to keep going.

Polly1945

Oct 24, 2012
Hereford
Hi Ceroc46

Just caught up with your post and wondering how did it go?

You are quite right in saying that it's just like dropping a 4 year old off at school!

Don't feel guilty you know that your Mum will be well looked after and will probably enjoy all the attention and company.

Make the most of your respite too....

Pauline
x