Going gaga

tomgee3425

Feb 3, 2014
Negombo Sri Lanka
I try my best but my OH is getting worse. We live in a beautiful house in Sri Lanka with a wonderful view of the Indian Ocean. My OH is now in adult nappies which I change every morning. Yuck She has very little conversation except to berate me for everything I do. I just really need some comfort or I fear I will go doolady. I try hard but feel it is not working. Advice please

marionq

Apr 24, 2013
Scotland
Is your partner a Sri Lankan national? If so do they have other family who can help you out? I think members need a wee bit more background to picture the situation?

Jinx

Mar 13, 2014
Pontypool
Tomgee so sorry to hear of your situation. I have no idea what help might be available in Sri Lanka but it sounds like you need to find out if you can get some support. Sorry can't be of more use but keep posting as someone might be able to offer more advice.

Sent from my iPhone using Talking Point

CollegeGirl

Jan 19, 2011
North East England
Oh gosh, my heart goes out to you. I'm sorry, like the others I don't have much in the way of advice, not knowing anything about your country or its systems, but you have certainly come to the right place for comfort and emotional support, so a warm welcome.

It must be very difficult for spouses dealing with their life partner's illness. I feel bad enough over my mam, but I think it must be far worse to be in your situation.

Do keep posting xx

Lilac Blossom

Oct 6, 2014
Scotland
Dear Tomgee

Sorry things are so difficult for you. I hope you will post again so that you may feel encouraged by the support of everyone here in TP. I deal with my hubby's continence problems and I agree - Yuk!!

We live on the North Sea coast - we are not very far from the beach and I love looking at the sea, very often when it is stormy it reflects the way I feel about life!

I do not know what Sri Lanka is like (but would love to hear a wee bit about it), and I may be wrong to think the Indian Ocean would be less stormy than the North Sea but life brings experiences common to many of us no matter where we live.

I hope that posting and receiving replies on TP will bring some comfort to you in the difficult days. xx

Last edited:

Chuggalug

Mar 24, 2014
Norfolk
Tomgee; I don't know if this might be of any use to you?

http://alzlanka.org/

I haven't found anything else except what's called the Cinnamon Trust, which looks to be very expensive. If you want that link, I'll pop it on for you.

Scarlett123

Apr 30, 2013
Essex
We have Care Assessments carried out by our local council areas. Do some things exist for you in your country?

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Seabream