Going crazy!

Lynne

Jun 3, 2005
Suffolk,England
Amy said:
Hiya Debbie and Michael,
I've been out and taken a lump hammer to a concrete coal bunker that needs demolishing, ... does seem to have got rid of some of the tension that I have been feeling today.
Amy

Brilliant idea Amy, smashing something to smithereens with a lump hammer is EXACTLY what I feel like doing some days! (I'm a very peaceful & gentle person really, honest!)

Amy

Jan 4, 2006
Hiya Lynne,
My eldest and I finished the job this morning, took all the stuff to the rubbish tip (had to do two runs), cleaned out between ours and our neighbours garages, then as every one else was out enjoying themselves we got cleaned up and went out for dinner. It has been a really good day (yesterday was a bit of a bummer, for no reason at all).
Amy

Brucie

Jan 31, 2004
near London
All this talk of sailing...

Well, I'll have to say my Dad was always sailing when we lived at Folkestone when I was little, but I reckoned he always went out when it was wet and/or windy. [yes.... windy...think about that for a moment] So I never fancied ot.

When Jan and I used to go to the West Indies for holidays, we would admire the yachts at English Harbour, Antigua, but only wishing to be passengers.

Some years later, when Jan was moving down the dementia trail, I was able to go out a couple of times on some BT Global Challenge yachts, and actually doing some work this time, and racing too [part of corporate hospitality and team building days].

Fantastic! Perhaps I'm more a big yacht person....

Below, picture taken from my boat of another, prior to racing.

I envy you your boat, Michael!

Attachments

• Global Challenge.jpg
    Global Challenge.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 294

rummy

Jul 15, 2005
Oklahoma,USA
My husbands dream retirement is to buy a 40' sail boat and go up and down the east coast. Hard concept for this Texas girl. We are a big land locked in Oklahoma so the cycle will have to do until we can find a place and boat to attach a sail to. Hopefully, I will grow to love it some day!
Debbie