Going crazy

LUCYWILLA

Aug 13, 2022
My husband denies everything. He has a breathing problem and sugar diabetes. When I ask ifhe uses inhalers he says yes.. I have not seen him use it and he gets angry when I tell him he hasn't.
I have things missing and I'll find the item laying somewhere the next day.. I'm no spring chicken and wonder if I don't know what I am talking about..
He talks constantly during watching tv movies and is always telling them what to do on tv.
My feelings for him are disappearing
I try to convince myself he can't help it but when we have visitors you would think he's as sharp as a tack

Carol560

Aug 13, 2022
I can empathise entirely with you. Have you spoken to dementia uk, they are amazing and so supportive. They can give you the support you need, together with coping mechanisms. One of the main things is to make time for yourself, meet with friends or go for a walk. Are you able to get him to see a dr? I know how difficult this can be as my husband just says his forgetting is old age. Family think it's him being awkward. Many people think of people with dementia is someone in the later stages, but it's s so much more. There are so many symptoms leading to that stage like you mentioned that at times is so hard to deal with. I feel at times i want to go away for a break, perhaps you feel this way too. I am sorry i cannot come up with any other solutions but do hope you can some support.

canary

Feb 25, 2014
South coast
I try to convince myself he can't help it but when we have visitors you would think he's as sharp as a tack
Oh yes, we all know this one - its called being in Host Mode (sometimes also known as showtiming). When people come to visit they can, with a lot of effort, supress their dementia symptoms and seem almost normal, but they cant maintain it for long - just long enough to convince everyone that they are fine - then the visitor goes away and they are tired, super confused and grumpy..........

Mccracken

Apr 6, 2022
Hmm thought I was losing it,he is the best actor if he says tickets boo a might scream ,trying to be understanding x