Going back to what i know

J2e

Apr 24, 2015
Brighton
Quick update :

I have tried a few other jobs but have decided to go back to what I know : Care.
I am going back to the last home I worked at and where Mum was before I took her out and cared for her at mine 24/7 for 8 months prior to losing her to the awful disease known as Dementia.
I have missed the care sector and maybe ( and yes, I may be mad lol ! ), it's what I am meant to do ?! we'll see........... i'll keep you all posted :D

Vicky
xx

The caring section definitely needs people who care. Good luck

VickyG

Feb 6, 2013
Birmingham
Have to say that on every occasion my husband was in hospital last year he was treated kindly, with consideration and courtesy. Maybe because I insisted on staying with him 24/7 dealing with the dementia side of things like his insistence on trying to "dock" the bed on the other side of the ward because the drugs made him feel he was on a boat and taking on most of his personal care. I too was looked after very well. Sorry for anyone who has a less than good memory of a hospital ward.

I'm glad that not everyone has or has had less than ok experiences of a hospital ward. For us, it was terrible when Mum had to go in the first time as she was still very aware of things and just wanted to go home, it's damn hard when someone is battling with not understanding why they are on a hospital ward :( When Mum had to go to A&E, both late night incidents, the first time was equally as bad as when she stayed on the ward for 4 weeks, the second, not as bad as she had deteriorated massively, she just lay on the trolley in a cubicle, heart breaking :(

Last edited:

VickyG

Feb 6, 2013
Birmingham
Back ? feel like i was never away :)

Just a quick update -
It's almost 2 months now since I took the plunge and went back to care.......... didn't think I could actually do it, but it actually feels like I just took a really long holiday. All's good and I'm loving being back doing something I love and know I can do, I guess it's what I'm meant to do :)

VickyG

Feb 6, 2013
Birmingham
Wow, I can't believe it's been almost 3 years since I last posted on here ! Just dropping by to say I'm still working in residential dementia care ! Still LOVE what I do and will no doubt continue to do so. I hope everyone that used to be on here are ok and that new members are finding this forum a godsend like I used to do.
Take care all,
Vicky xx

Marcelle123

Nov 9, 2015
Yorkshire
Thank you for going back to caring and for loving what you do.
The care at my late mother's dementia home was wonderful. I remember saying to one of the carers, after she'd done a difficult 'cleaning up' job in Mum's room, 'I just couldn't do what you do!' and she replied, 'It's hard work, but also very rewarding.'
Yes for the right person.

My mother, in 'palliative care' at her home, days before she passed away, said to one of the carers, 'I love you, don't I?' and the carer replied, 'Yes, and we all love you too, Margaret!'
I am more grateful than I can say for Mum's caring carers.

Well done, VickyG, and long may you continue loving such an important job. xx

love.dad.but..

Jan 16, 2014
Kent
Wow, I can't believe it's been almost 3 years since I last posted on here ! Just dropping by to say I'm still working in residential dementia care ! Still LOVE what I do and will no doubt continue to do so. I hope everyone that used to be on here are ok and that new members are finding this forum a godsend like I used to do.
Take care all,
Vicky xx

Thank goodness for lovely people like you