going back to hospital

chip

Jul 19, 2005
Scotland
Don't no if i'm coming or going these days. I've had my husband home from hospital for 9days and got a phone call today from the day hospital that he goes to to say we are keeping him in today or Monday for around two weeks or longer to moniter him and look at medication. I have worked hard at getting him back into the way he was before he went in, and he was only in for 5days. Whats it going to be like after 2 weeks or longer? He hates being locked in and they said he might be retained under the mental health act.

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Dear Chip,

You are having such a hard time, aren`t you.

Do you understand why they want to keep your husband in hospital again, or do you disagree. If you understand, that`s one thing, but if you don`t agree, then are you able to object.

If they feel they may need to detain him under the mental health act, they must have just cause, but if you feel it will make it even harder for you to pick up the pieces when he comes home, perhaps you should have a word with someone.

I know I`m not being much help. I`m trying to put myself in the same position, but it`s impossible.

All I can say is if you strongly disagree, I would say something.

Take care

chip

Jul 19, 2005
Scotland
Well its for medication and assesment, but i have told them i do not want the same to happen as what happened the last time. Its a different hospital this time. I am going to put a note in his bag as they are taking him by patient transport first thing in the morning. I have also told them that he likes going out to places and walks and hates locked doors (he goes mad if there is a locked door) They will not see what he is really like there. Friends are taking him out on Sunday for a picnic somewhere nice. I told the doctor that and said thats what he is used to not locked up. (Its the same hospital my mum got put into so had bad memories for me she went in for medication assesment and ended up in for 10months and they were going to keep her in for good she died 3years ago had multi infarcet (stroke) dementia. Its going to be very hard for me to go into the hospital. I feel so sorry for him and i know what he will do when he gets there as he still has awareness. Im not looking forward to Monday.

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Chip..........any chance of using a video camera to show how he is when out with friends.

It could give the medics some insigt into a side of him they may not see.