gmtv

chip

Jul 19, 2005
Scotland
Today i heard that GMTV are telling a story about whats its like to care for someone with Dementia a couple are being interveiwed as well ( didn't catch their names) its on tomorrow morning they also want people tp phone up or e mail about this. It's on GMTV'S web as well. This is our chance to tell how bad things are for us.

sony

Jan 28, 2006
Armagh, Northern Ireland
Just to add that I heard that 'This Morning' are doing a similar thing tomorrow too, they're interviewing Barbara Pointin and inviting viewers to email or ring in (I didn't catch the details but I'm sure they'll be available on their website).

Sony
xx

Skye

Aug 29, 2006
SW Scotland
Just watched the This Morning interview, it was very good. I have so much sympathy for Barbara.

I've sent an email, and asked them to give the TP web address. We'll see!

sony

Jan 28, 2006
Armagh, Northern Ireland
Yeah I thought the interview was good too, Barbara was very brave.
My Mum was in tears during the phone in bit when someone asked should they watch the programme tonight, I don't think my Mum will be able to. I might tape it and we could both watch it at a later date. Will you all be watching?

Westie

May 14, 2007
South East London/Surrey border
I'll be watching as well but will definately have the video set. I even found this morning quite hard to watch and it left me in tears for quite a while. I think it is the aspect of facing up to what is to come in the future - and the fear that I won't be able to cope with it.

Barbara seems an amazing lady.

gill@anchorage5

Apr 29, 2007
Southampton
Hi everyone

Missed the programme this morning - but hope the "phone in" gave the opportunity for real voices to be heard. (Took Mum out for the day & as I wasn't sure what time I would be back tonight - couldn't fit this morning & tonight's programme on one tape !)

I plan to watch the programme tonight (plenty of red wine at the ready - as I think I'll need it) but like Hazel I have set the video too "just in case" - because I know I might find it "too much". I found the last programme they made very emotional and sadly my Dad has progressed quite a lot since then.

Thinking of you all tonight - knowing that many of us will be watching - wanting to see it but not wanting to see it (if that makes sense!)

Love

Gill x