1. Expert Q&A: Protecting a person with dementia from financial abuse - Weds 26 June, 3:30-4:30 pm

Financial abuse can have serious consequences for a person with dementia. Find out how to protect a person with dementia from financial abuse.

Sam, our Knowledge Officer (Legal and Welfare Rights) is our expert on this topic. She will be here to answer your questions on Wednesday 26 June between 3:30 - 4:30 pm.

You can either post questions >here< or email them to us at talkingpoint@alzheimers.org.uk and we'll answer as many as we can on the day.

1. chip

chip Registered User

Jul 19, 2005
    Scotland
    Today i heard that GMTV are telling a story about whats its like to care for someone with Dementia a couple are being interveiwed as well ( didn't catch their names) its on tomorrow morning they also want people tp phone up or e mail about this. It's on GMTV'S web as well. This is our chance to tell how bad things are for us.

2. sony

sony Registered User

Just to add that I heard that 'This Morning' are doing a similar thing tomorrow too, they're interviewing Barbara Pointin and inviting viewers to email or ring in (I didn't catch the details but I'm sure they'll be available on their website).

Sony
    xx

3. Skye

Skye Registered User

Aug 29, 2006
    SW Scotland
    Just watched the This Morning interview, it was very good. I have so much sympathy for Barbara.

I've sent an email, and asked them to give the TP web address. We'll see!

4. sony

sony Registered User

Yeah I thought the interview was good too, Barbara was very brave.
    My Mum was in tears during the phone in bit when someone asked should they watch the programme tonight, I don't think my Mum will be able to. I might tape it and we could both watch it at a later date. Will you all be watching?

5. Skye

Skye Registered User

Aug 29, 2006
    SW Scotland
    I'll certainly be watching, sony, but will also set the video, in case I opt out!

6. Westie

Westie Registered User

I'll be watching as well but will definately have the video set. I even found this morning quite hard to watch and it left me in tears for quite a while. I think it is the aspect of facing up to what is to come in the future - and the fear that I won't be able to cope with it.

Barbara seems an amazing lady.

7. gill@anchorage5

gill@anchorage5 Registered User

Apr 29, 2007
    Southampton
    Hi everyone

Missed the programme this morning - but hope the "phone in" gave the opportunity for real voices to be heard. (Took Mum out for the day & as I wasn't sure what time I would be back tonight - couldn't fit this morning & tonight's programme on one tape !)

I plan to watch the programme tonight (plenty of red wine at the ready - as I think I'll need it) but like Hazel I have set the video too "just in case" - because I know I might find it "too much". I found the last programme they made very emotional and sadly my Dad has progressed quite a lot since then.

Thinking of you all tonight - knowing that many of us will be watching - wanting to see it but not wanting to see it (if that makes sense!)

Love

Gill x

8. Margarita

Margarita Registered User

Feb 17, 2006
    london
    yes gill it make sense to me