Glen Campbell has Alzheimer`s

Discussion in 'Dementia-related news and campaigns' started by Grannie G, Jun 22, 2011.

1. Grannie G

Grannie G Volunteer Moderator

Apr 3, 2006
    Kent
  2. alex

alex Registered User

Apr 10, 2006
    So sad, he was a great artist.

Alex x

3. sunny

sunny Registered User

Sep 1, 2006
    He is still a great artist and I am pleased that he still wants to go on stage and perform his music, which I like - one of the greats in music and I hope the audiences really get behind him and support him throughout his tours.

I am also glad he and his family have been open about this as he is high profile and it will help others to open talk about this condition.

4. sonia owen

sonia owen Registered User

New's

Hi All,

Just mentioned on the new's this morning, that Glen Cambell is suffering from Alzheimers, he has had problem's with his memory for many year's it would seem.
    Yet another sad family, join's us.

Love Sonia xxxx

5. Jo1958

Jo1958 Registered User

Mar 31, 2010
    Yorkshire
    Sylvia, hello
    I totally agree, I thought it was so positive that they have announced his Alzheimer's and that he is going to carry on performing. His wife sounded so caring when she said:

"Kim Campbell said if her husband "flubs a lyric or gets confused on stage", she wanted fans to know the reason." quote from BBC website.

Sonia, yes, another family ...
    With best wishes from Jo

6. christine_batch

christine_batch Registered User

Jul 31, 2007
    Buckinghamshire
    Glen Campbell, through his music has given so much to others. I do hope that Glen and his family get lots of support.

Christine