Gladys Episodes does anyone have an answer

flowercup

May 23, 2013
Today first thing once again my Mum Gladys had what we are calling her episodes. She woke calling out for help, when we get to her she is laying splayed out on the bed saying she had funny turn. Her body is limp and she thinks she cannot move, although we sit her up and can see she does have some strength to sit there with a steadying hand. She thinks she had fit but gets angry with us when we try to reassure her, as she want ambulance called. But whenever we take her to hospital they do test then send us home after 5 hours or so with no conclusive answers. She then sleeps alot, but when I try to get her to explain she says she has nothing in her head not sure what this means. Has anyone else had this happen to their loved ones, its so distressing as we loath to call ambulance as it seems a waste of resources and time.

Sue J

Dec 9, 2009
Today first thing once again my Mum Gladys had what we are calling her episodes. She woke calling out for help, when we get to her she is laying splayed out on the bed saying she had funny turn. Her body is limp and she thinks she cannot move, although we sit her up and can see she does have some strength to sit there with a steadying hand. She thinks she had fit but gets angry with us when we try to reassure her, as she want ambulance called. But whenever we take her to hospital they do test then send us home after 5 hours or so with no conclusive answers. She then sleeps alot, but when I try to get her to explain she says she has nothing in her head not sure what this means. Has anyone else had this happen to their loved ones, its so distressing as we loath to call ambulance as it seems a waste of resources and time.

Hi Flowercup

Your Mum may have been having a fit with no outward display. During the fit it may be that she can't move and the brain takes time to recover after a fit. Anger and sleepiness can follow a seizure.

Do you know what tests she has, if she has had any EEGs electro encephalogram which records brain activity and may indicate any fitting ? I would take her to the GP to discuss the episodes and your concerns.

Best wishes
Sue

flowercup

May 23, 2013
Thank you Sue

I know she had a brain scan right at the beginning, but I believe that was to check for Alzheimer's every other time we take her to hospital they did all the normal checks plus the heat ones. I will take your advice and go back to doctors to discuss these episodes.
Big thanks sometimes it feels like wading through mud trying to work out whats going on.

flowercup
QUOTE=Sue J;1132144]Hi Flowercup

Your Mum may have been having a fit with no outward display. During the fit it may be that she can't move and the brain takes time to recover after a fit. Anger and sleepiness can follow a seizure.

Do you know what tests she has, if she has had any EEGs electro encephalogram which records brain activity and may indicate any fitting ? I would take her to the GP to discuss the episodes and your concerns.

Best wishes
Sue[/QUOTE]