Giving up Enduring Power of Attorney

Discussion in 'Legal and financial issues' started by Juliette Bravo, Mar 2, 2015.

1. Juliette Bravo

Juliette Bravo Registered User

Mar 2, 2015
    Can anybody help? I act as an Enduring Power of Attorney for my Father but would like to give it up. How do I do this? Thank you.
    Apologies if I've posted this comment in the wrong place.

2. lin1

lin1 Registered User

Jan 14, 2010
    Female
    East Kent
    #2 lin1, Mar 2, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 2, 2015
    Hello Welcome to TP
    It is possible to give up lasting power of attorney. I hope you don't mind me asking why, as maybe we can help with advise , please don't feel you have to answer my question .
    Here is a link to giving up attorney ship. I assume it is the same for an EPA others her will know.
    https://www.gov.uk/lasting-power-attorney-duties/stop-attorney.

I suggest it would be a good idea to have a thread of your own, where you will have many more replies. we have many different forums on TP. Some of our members post mainly in the Tea room as it offers a little more privacy , only members can see it.

back in a mo with a link to all our forums
    http://forum.alzheimers.org.uk/forum.php
    Just click on the one you prefer, then click on the grey box near top right ( I am not sure on the exact wording create new thread. Choose a title and you're away :)

3. sue38

sue38 Registered User

Mar 6, 2007
    Wigan, Lancs
    #3 sue38, Mar 2, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 2, 2015
    I have moved this to a new thread.

It is similar, but the procedure will depend on whether your father has lost capacity, and if so whether it has been registered with the OPG.

I would contact the OPG

Office of the Public Guardian

PO Box 16185
    Birmingham B2 2WH
    T 0300 456 0300
    E customerservices@publicguardian.gsi.gov.uk
    W www.justice.gov.uk/about/opg